1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Anything worth buying at the open?

2. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

so is anyone parking their money for the meantime after this?

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Definitely not the time to catch the falling knife. There will be a domino effect of other countries wanting their own vote to decide to stay or leave.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope other countries say, hey - let's see how it goes for Britain over the next few years. Hopefully they get a quick exit and once their economy tanks everyone can learn from their mistake.

5. Chamillionaire

Time to buy pound or wait for further drop?

6. ShereKhan

ShereKhan Member

I think there will be another vote and Britain will stay. Buy the dip!!!

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If it were me I wouldn't take the chance unless it falls more first. At that point I would consider it then.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'd wait a month or more.

9. Chamillionaire

Thanks guys. Was thinking about buying on Monday, but will wait.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think there will be a rebound early next week but I am not buying but just holding my position - then again I play more of a longer term game.

When there is a lot of uncertainty the markets tend to be very volatile and reactive. The big question is whether the EU will hold up now that Britain is out. Ironically, if there is a big British crash and they head into a recession, it may keep Europe together, and if British manages it pretty well for the next 6 months, you could see the break up of the EU as that will give fuel to other national movements, which in turn would send the markets lower and likely lead to a global recession.

So it's going to be very interesting, in a way, the best thing that could happen is that things go ugly for the UK which would help hold the EU together and thus limit the global damage of Brexit. But yeah, I would hold right now until the markets shakes out and there is some clarity.

11. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

This. Please do not buy it any time soon.

12. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

When's a good time to go long on some UK FI's? Barclays (BCS) is down nearly 40% since BREXIT.

13. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Everyone should take all of the money out of the stock markets and the banks ASAP. Invest it in silver and gold, pack it well, take it out to the middle of nowhere, note your GPS position, and bury it. Silver is already starting to creep up. Keep a close eye on it.

I'm banking on Bitcoin making a large jump with the upcoming halving in about 9 days. I didn't even know what the Bitcoin was 2 weeks ago, now I own 5 of them. The Bitcoin has the potential to be the first world currency if it can overcome it's problems. Some people believe it will soon collapse itself, but since it was introduced in 2009 after the Financial Collapse, it's still going strong. If you have money you can afford to lose, it's a high risk, yet very high reward currency. I don't know if it will be the Bitcoin, but Cryptocurrency is most definitely the future. To hell with centralized banks.

14. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Get your money out of the stock market for sure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ECi6WJpbzE (Overdose: The Next Financial Crisis) Basically it's the US short version of what's happening here)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQzEWeGJLP0 (2:49 long, but worth every second. Global Financial Meltdown. What's happening around the entire world. 97% of the money in the world exists as debt, meaning it's only a number in a computer somewhere. This system simply can't continue)

15. fallenphoenix

16. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

How does one invest in gold non-physically? what are some stock tags that represent it?

The context: when people say take your money out of the stock market and invest in gold, presumably they are not going to the store and buying coins or bars of it, right?

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

The people who have a hardon for gold likely want to have the gold in hand (so they put it in a safe in their backyard's underground bunker).

#8237 No Worries, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  18. fallenphoenix

I have my gold position in the ETF ticker GLD. There are some other ones out there too or look into gold mining companies. They correlate with the price of gold, but are more volatile.

http://www.advantagegold.com/gold-stocks-vs-etfs-vs-physical-gold

It says that ETFs don't actually possess any gold, but I've heard some of them do.

1 person likes this.
  19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

WTF is in your safe?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9zqZiNcVG7Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

People do actually buy and store gold coins.

1 person likes this.