1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

made $440 and sold.

2. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

unless you bought in premarket no way you could have made $440 with a 250 quantity on fb given the low for the day was $86.77 and the high $87.95

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

No kidding. I got out of MU when it hit 34 and it's almost lost half it's value since then. I shoulda shorted it :p

4. benchmoochie

That was a good exit. It missed badly and got crushed

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

yeah i dont even know how to really do a limit order. my stepbrother takes care of it for me.

and then off and on the last 3 years i have an account with tradeking that i mess around with. but about 75% of what i have is in my stepbrother's account.

6. benchmoochie

I would assume some social media person that wanted to stream that content..not exactly sure. just spouting off possibilities. Like I said the past ten days ive seen heavy big blocks of selling. I don't really recommend to buy it or accumulate it here unless you want to try and sell for some exit strategy Ie a takeover.

7. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

OAS stock is down 14.42 last year 58.80

8. benchmoochie

when the spx hit 2046 today i went in and bought the spy, dow and russell . i took some off at 2063 but my thinking was is this - when this greek deal can goes through the spx will make new highs to 2140 posssible. but sell the hell out of it at 2140 or so.. and will scale out as it climbs.

i also bought some fb 85 calls as a swing trade back to 88.36 area. back to where it was breaking out before.

9. benchmoochie

no doubt with petroleum / oil behaving how it is this year, any stock in this sector or related to oil will be correlated with that move.

10. benchmoochie

One more thing - I was thinking to buy the GREK ETF here ($9.75) allowing some room to scale in.
    Any thoughts on this?

#7910 benchmoochie, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  11. Bob Barker 007

The Chinese stock markets have continued to drop. The Shanghai Composite is down 4-8% today (7/8). Shenzhen has been doing even worse than the Shanghai Composite. Several hundred companies have just stopped trading, and the government has suspended IPOs. The government opening up investing for insurance companies has not calmed fears. Investor here are almost in a full-blown panic. Meanwhile, when I walk around Shanghai, everyone of all walks of life seems to be trading stocks. Those people are oblivious to how the market works, and they think it will go up for an indefinite period of time.

12. benchmoochie

oh well my trend trade didnt work it was a mere day trade. Tonight futures is going to be interesting. We are going lower. Tonight and tomorrow will be interesting for sure.

13. benchmoochie

It's an epic credit bubble and the unwind has started. It began with a massive overbuild in real estate. Entire vacant cities, airports, etc. The authorities tried to soften blow by reflating equities like our Fed. This has obviously failed. The unwind has triggered a global recession - there is just now starting to be recognition.

14. agslai

agslai Contributing Member

How much further will China fall since there has been a 30% correction with Shanghai? I have been watching the FXI. A lot of gaps in between.

15. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

was feeling bold today and bought the triple short china etf.

16. benchmoochie

I think the Shanghai index may have some odd support at 3250, but I believe the downtrend is far from over. I started short on the FXI when it was 45 with puts for August. I will roll them over.

I really can't answer your question with some specific number

17. benchmoochie

China used more cement in the last 3 years than the U.S. Did in the entire 20th century. 6.6 gigatons vs 4.5 gigatons. That says a lot regarding the buildout

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Probably not a bad idea

19. benchmoochie

I got in GREK after I put my post up. You see that move by Apple? Wow..hadn't been that low in a while. I picked some up on the evporating candled when it hit 119. looking for some follow through here.

20. benchmoochie

looks like the Greek deal passed. Did anyone buy GREK for under $10?

#7920 benchmoochie, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015