1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'm familiar with the Tesla story. I have one in my garage ;). And the direct sales model wasn't really a problem when I bought the car. You technically have to buy the car online and trade ins aren't really great either since they have to partner up with Autonation and Autonation sucks on trade in value.

I think sales are down because there isn't insane demand for an expensive and somewhat unpractical car. The people who wanted a Tesla already bought one and there isn't too much of a reason to upgrade to a new "model year". Also, Tesla is behind on their build out of the supercharger network too, but that doesn't really matter too much....just a complaint of mine.

I was just soliciting opinions for the short term and chart. Just wanted to see what other people thought about the downside here. To me it looks like it is pushing momentum stock breakdown territory, but there is a lot of support in the 200-210 range too.

2. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Robbie,

Hello. I was going to do a trigger trade. If it broke 213.79 then I was going to go with some 215 or 220 puts for a drop into the 196-->178 area. I haven't decided on the expiration yet. But that is my thinking.
    I may be a few dollars off on my trigger, but it's in that area.

3. benchmoochie

Question: do you have the p85s?

4. benchmoochie

not only is it sensitive to news..every time musk gets on cnbc and says something usually it dumps $15 for the day.. I love it when he says "stock is very high right now."

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I've got the p85+. It's pretty fun, but man I want to test drive the new all wheel drive one coming out. The p85+ is great, but there is so much power that the rear tires simply can't grip and you fish tail pretty easily. You also burn thru rear tires fast with the rear wheel drive.

6. benchmoochie

That's very cool. That's a very nice car. Why isn't there a limited slip differential on the rear wheel drive? That would fix the problem

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

No transmission in Teslas. It's just direct drive from the motor to wheels.

8. benchmoochie

Oh, well that explains that. HA HA. I'm not very knowledgeable about them as you can tell; I don't like any sedans.

9. benchmoochie

whoever asked about DDD

@marcchaikin: $DDD reports after close. They have already pre/warned to downside. PowerGauge bearish expect the worst

10. benchmoochie

elon musk said false sales report on tesla. stock popped. WHAT? that's pretty bad news release

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Well that was a disappointing hold. I didn't think I was being greedy but obviously I was. What a frustrating month outside of that mega day I had. Still in it and shorted more premarket, but man I hate sucking lately. Hopefully I can still make some money on this.

#7471 robbie380, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  12. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

CHUY releases earnings on 11/4, I'm looking for a big beat there. TRIP as well, on the same day.

13. benchmoochie

its always some jack up with tesla lately it seems. that's why I just close my option position end of day now. too much jack up goes on over night sometimes.

I think tmw may get some burn after fed tomorrow. with targets being 1955 then 1930 lower end targets on spx

14. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

Chuy is so overvalued at this point. A good restaurant would be BLWD, they are expanding like crazy at this point. There will always be sports.

NDLS is another good restaurant to short. Their food is just terrible. 62 P/E? They just IPO maybe 1 year ago got off hot and its going to start cooling down.

I just bought some NTDOY. It has fallen about 60% since its peak, it is starting to release iOS games and finally getting some software for the WII U. I think it will turn around.

I just got CVEO as well, Einhorn is doubling/tripling down on this stock. It is down now but when oil prices go back up this should go back up a bit.

15. s land balla

They just expanded to the Washington DC metro area and that location is doing fantastic. Long waits for a table even at odd times. They're opening a second DC-area location later this month.

16. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

I think I am biased I got food poison from there.

In the long term I think it will do well. I just think its too overpriced in the near term.

17. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

CHUY looks like a decent technical short. I don't know anything about their business model though.

18. benchmoochie

its approaching a possible top. it looks illiquid so im going to avoid it. illiquid = bad for options.

19. benchmoochie

Question: what do you guys think about FB earnings? It had massive call option volume on the dec $100 calls yesterday, but there are a lot of sweeps today on the put side. No idea really. Guess I'll wait until tomorrow.....

20. s land balla

Based off what exactly?