1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Anyone get burned by GTAT? I assume eddiewinslow did since he said he was going to retire on that stock.

2. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I saw someone do a 12000 volume put trade on the 12puts though. that guy made bank.

3. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

Very very dangerous area guys. Be warned.

4. benchmoochie

Question: did anyone short or put PCLN when I said it was going to implode at $1260? It hit $1068 today. that was $12 lower than my target. WOW!

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Time for the airlines.....in UAL at 43.14.

6. benchmoochie

I don't follow the airlines, but I think the spx is going to fall to around 1884-1905 then have some kind of bounce. I'm not sure how high this bounce will be but it may be associated with a typical Xmas rally to end the year. Then at the top of this bounce (again not sure on timing), I will be doing the greatest short of all time. Once QE is pulled, it's basically over.

7. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

So you agree that the market is fueled by cheap $$

And that there is no real economy growth.. besides the shale "boom" and silicon valley

Banker parasites win again!

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Hmmmmm.... People will see what they want to see.

9. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

Stocks were crushed last week.. lost about 10% o well. in it for the long run

10. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Or just see what really is.. those that want to see rainbows n sunshine in the land of QE will get stomped

11. benchmoochie

I didn't say that there was no real economic growth over 6 years. I just meant that the fed wS able to prop it up this long with the help of QE. Europe, China are dragging. China drives energy (oil). that slowdown is being reflected in the drop in price of oil and commodities. I think it's a matter of time once QE is dropped that the U.S. market will follow suit and dump. The world is a whole. there is no way that U.S. market can be isolated from downside (without the use of QE) while the other countries are experiencing a depression/ downturn.

that being said short term. think SPX finds some footing In 200 Dma at 1905 or 1884 does an oversold bounce which cnbc can label as Santa clause rally comes to some top then just falls off a cliff. I'm not committing to any time frame regarding the "comes to a top" because I don't want to be trashed like KINGDREW.

Again just my opinion.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I guess. It's almost like arguing religion with anti Fed people.

I mean it was pretty funny when you said there is no growth besides these areas where there is a massive boom.

13. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

well tell me what happens when you give $4Tril to a group of people that already had $21T in the hopes that just a liiiiiitle bit more tipping towards the side of extreme wealth inequality would help magically propel the economy into a state of steady innovation and real results.

instead we get stock buybacks to inflate price, all-time PE ratios, and a steady decline of hope (also caused by cheap money chasing crappy education which is being outpaced by technological progress i.e. automation, software, etc)

the people who contribute nothing to the real economy (bankers, fin services) just keep collecting more of this increasingly meaningless monopoly paper.

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I don't even understand your rant. What group of people is getting 4 trillion?

15. benchmoochie

Robbie380 -- is chico your dog?

16. benchmoochie

no, but I found it fascinating that Apple was bankrolling them, and when GTAT couldn't meet sales hurdles, apple pulled out and GTAT declared bankruptcy. That's why I don't like to invest in micro companies, and if I do invest its' just some small % of total portfolio.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

The 1% who already control 99% of the wealth distrubution.. you're really making an effort to not understand me haha

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Not really. You aren't making coherent points.

20. benchmoochie

Robbie -- what is the breed ?