1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Still want Kevin Love?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nbalopez23, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Jedster

Jedster Member

Haha...which one? Your appendix?

2. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I'd take Love, who fits in this system better with Harden, over Josh Smith (who seems a bit greedy and full of himself on the court at times) and Howard (who isn't worth the amount he will try to get IMO). I'd straight up prefer to grab Lamarcus Aldridge but I think Love is more attainable via a trade or just waiting the destruction of his relationship with the Timberwolves management.

Besides, if Minnesota is smart, they'd invest Pekovic (I hope I am spelling that right) at this point and if they don't, I don't think the Rockets be wrong taking a run at Pekovic (one of the best offensive centers and rebounders this season) just to see his price.

3. qwertzy

qwertzy Member

never want him or josh smith and never will

4. moonnumack

moonnumack Contributing Member

If everything else checks out, I'm not worried about this knee scope. Hopefully, it scares Minnesota and opens them up for possible trade. I think Love is a better fit and more impact player than Smith.

5. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Athletic teams kick Rockets asses but everyone on CF is always wanting the next below the rim slow motion no defense player

6. teebone21

teebone21 Member

2 straight injury riddled seasons BUT OF COURSE CF WANTS HIM

7. CCM721

CCM721 Member

He played in enough games to be named All-NBA second team last year. And its not like you are dealing with Andrew Bynum and his debilitating knees.

8. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

lol ikr

9. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Yes just makes his value plummet.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Smith is literally half the player Howard and Love are.

11. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

TBH, I think I've cooled on KLove to the point of not wanting. His D is comparable to Scola, and he will lose Rebs next to Asik. Also, he scores well, but doesn't run the floor, and isn't all that efficient. Also would not want Josh Smith, at all. If u want D, athleticism, a + defender and someone to throw the ball into the post, then sign Dwight Howard, and place him at the 4 next to Omer, and we won't ever be without post defense again.

12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

He was 4th in PER last year and 5th in PER the year before. He had the best ts% of any big time scoring PF in the league last year and was only second to Dirk the year before. Love is a very efficient scorer and is just the type of player that Morey would go after.

13. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Yeah, lets hold out for Lebron in a couple years. :rolleyes: Nobody who is perfect is coming here.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Love is an overrated statpadder on a bad team. Plays no defense either.

15. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

He should have it done here. We have great doctors. And good friends to help you through recovery. ;)

16. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Why would I want a guy who averaged 24 and 14 when he was 24?

17. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

His game doesn't require him to be over the rim, like a Tmac, so not only is this a much smaller knee surgery, he is less requiring of athleticism.

I'd still take him, I just believe if healthy, he is the PERFECT fit for this team. Hits 3s, grabs rebounds, and plays in the position we have the biggest need.

18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I dont see how the best rebounder in the NBA in 2011 and 2012 is an overrated statpadder. Did he intentionally miss at his opponent's goal like andray blatche? He has had the most incompetent front office outside of Charlotte accumulating "talent" behind him. He deserves a real shot.

19. amaru

amaru Member

Still?

I never wanted him in the first place. I always thought he was overrated.

20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i'd bet that he's morey's top target next to dhoward