1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Still hate Pippen?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by #3 Francis, Dec 8, 2002.

1. lalala902102001

2. m00154

m00154 Member

I still think that he is the worst player that Rockets ever have, in terms of what had been expected from him and what had he done to the team. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hakeem+Clyde = Yao Ming+Steve = A clean sweep on Shaq!!!! :D :D :D

3. boki94eva

boki94eva Member

No doubt, Pippen was a great player. But, most of what I remember about him are the ways in which he handled himself in an unproffesional manner.

Remember when Jordan retired the first time and Scottie threw tantrums at his team's expense?
    And calling out Barkley in the media while they were still teammates....he forced the Rocket's hands when all he had to do was ask for something to change. He disrespected the organization even if, as some say, he was right about Chuck.

But on the bright side, he DID bring us Kelvin Cato. So all is forgiven.

4. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

i hate anybody who looks this much like Osama Bin Laden!!

[​IMG]

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The manner in which he left caused me to lose every ounce of respect for him.

#25 rezdawg, Dec 8, 2002
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2002
  6. aries323

aries323 Member

ROCKHEAD.... that's some funny $hit....:D

7. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

David, you're missing the point. Rockets fans don't hate Pippen because he didn't "work out" on the basketball floor. I could care less about that. We hate him for his attitude off the basketball floor, and the way in which he left the Rockets. I agree he was the best all-around player of the 90's, but that's got nothing to do with me hating him.

Why should we move on? I hated him then and I hate him now. It's not like it takes a lot of energy. I just simply don't like the guy.

#27 DCkid, Dec 8, 2002
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If you're to be a Rockets fan, it's a pre-requisite that you must hate Snotty Pipsqueak.

9. Gypsy

Gypsy Member

More fuel for loyal Pippen bashing Rox fans: Up here in Portland in an article about the Jail Blazers' charity (last week?), Pippen showed up as one of the dead beats. Rasheed Wallace was awesome, giving ~$200,000 to his foundation; Pippen gave an unimpressive $20,000--my figures are only from memory, but I know I'm in the ballpark.

I have a reason to like Wallace, now--didn't expect it of him. I'd be curious to know how the Rockets' players contribute to the community. Maybe they have some info on the team website.

The edit is to say I couldn't find the link. I believe the article was in the Oregonian in the last week of November, but it could have been another local rag.

#29 Gypsy, Dec 8, 2002
  10. Greg M

Greg M Member

One of my good buddies was a bar tender in Portland 4 years ago. All the NBA players went to the bar he worked at or used to anyway. My friend's not much of a fan of the NBA so he's unbiased. I asked him who were the best and worst tippers he served over the years from the NBA. He called Scottie "No Tippin' Pippen" and said he was by far the worst. Never left anything, not even a quarter! The best NBA tipper? Charles Barkley. Supposedly, Charles buys rounds for tons of people he doesn't even know and then tips the bartender around 100%. Anyway, my point is that Pippen is the biggest miser in the NBA. I've worked in restraunts and bars for years and the thing that pisses me off the most are people who abuse the tipping system. If I hadn't already hated Pippen with a passion, I would have after hearing that.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Exactamente :D.

12. Rockets10

Rockets10 Contributing Member

no worries, I'm still a hater . . .

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

"He was the best-all around player during the
    90's. "

Had you said he was onne of the best I might wouldn't attempt to argue with you, BUT THE BEST? What about his team mate? What about Magic? Hell, what about Hakeem? The only thing I can think of he did better than Hakeem was ball handling and passing. But I don't think he did any of that better than Jordan, and granted Magic was towards the end of his career in the early 90's but I still think he did it all better than Pippen.

I'm not even going to start to belittle what Pippen contributed to those Bulls teams. He was great and I've no qualms with him being inducted into the Hall of Fame for his time with the Bulls alone. However, he hasn't done anything since he left the Bulls and I definitely don't believe he deserves to remain among the 50 greatest of all time.

ALSO! I WILL ALWAYS HATE SCOTTIE PIPPEN! just as I'll always love Dream, Clyde and Charles.

14. Shot caller

Shot caller Member

DCkid,

Good point. Shandon Anderson didn't work out on the court, but he was not the poisonous, lousy, butt-wipe, that Scottie was. This is why I hate Scottie and think Shanderson in just a mediocre ballplayer.

15. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

I said best "all around player of the 90's"
    Not THE BEST.

Hakeem wasn't the best all around player,
    he was one of THE BEST.

And if you don't remember, Magic didn't play his best ball in the 90's.

#35 DavidS, Dec 8, 2002
  16. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Agreed, but then you have a lot of kids that
    spout off and say things that he wan't a good
    player or that he wasn't anything w/out Jordan.
    Blah, blah, blah...

This guy could flat out play ball! People have
    such short memories of the 89-94 Bulls and
    96-98 Bulls.

Add the 72 win season. This guy was a total
    package.

Emotional hate clouds ones judgement.

17. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

i still hate him

18. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Never hated him, never will, in fact he's my favorite of all time. And I've been a Rockets fan since I can remember.

19. Molotov Cocktail

Molotov Cocktail Contributing Member

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

20. jason123

jason123 Member

He's talented