1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve McNair Found Dead in Murder Suicide!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lazy McGrady, Jul 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

wow...i went to espn and can't believe the news.

2. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Rest in peace.

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Wow, he seemed like a great guy too. Hope they find the scumbag who did it. RIP

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Really sad and senseless - RIP Air McNair. :(

5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

First off, RIP Air McNair....what a tragedy

Reading the comments section on a local Tenn affiliate, there seems to be a decent amount of people saying that he had a 20 year old girl put up in a condo and had an escalade for her, which was towed from the crime scene. obviously this isn't credible, but it might shed some light

Either way, horrible

6. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

He was my favorite QB ever... always seemed like a great human being. :(

7. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

8. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Damn, sad day. I remember being really excited when Steve was drafted by the Oilers. I rooted for him throughout his career and in the Super bowl, even though it meant that Bud was going to get a ring. I wanted Steve to get his, because he was such a warrior and deserved one.

R.I.P. Steve "AIr" McNair

9. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Holy crap! I feel sorry for his wife. Not only did she lose her husband, she may be also learning he had a girlfriend?!?

10. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

UPDATED 10 p.m.: Steve McNair and Sahel Kazemi killed
    STAFF REPORTS • July 4, 2009

Former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair was killed in an apparent murder-suicide with a young woman he met at a local restaurant and have been dating for at least a few months.

McNair, the hometown hero who did extensive charity work in Nashville, died of several gunshots and was found on the sofa, police said. Sahel Kazemi, 20, was found alongside him in a Second Avenue condo he rented. She had a single gunshot wound to her head; a pistol was found near her body.
    Metro police spokesman Don Aaron said they were leaning toward certain scenarios based on the evidence, but they hadn’t ruled anything out. Still, they were not actively looking for suspects Saturday night.

“The medical examiner will be conducting autopsies (Sunday),” Aaron said. “We expect to make additional conclusions after the autopsy process.”

Though much of the attention was on the Second Avenue crime scene, police also swarmed at the Cherry Creek apartment complex in Hermitage. They were questioning neighbors who said they often saw McNair visiting Kazemi. Sometimes, neighbors said, she would arrive home in a limousine in the early morning hours. She showed up with a new black car she said was a gift from her boyfriend.

She was arrested in that car, a black Cadillac Escalade registered to she and McNair, just two days before the deaths. She was charged with driving under the influence and refusing to take a breath test.

Keith Norfleet, Kazemi’s boyfriend for four years before they broke up five months ago, said he came to pick up the car for Kazemi.

Norfleet said McNair was in the car with her when the stop occurred, a fact that was not in the police affadavit but was confirmed by police Saturday night. McNair later bailed Kazemi out, according to bail bondsmen.

Norfleet said she told him she was seeing McNair, who she met while working as a waitress at Dave & Busters. He was worried about her dating a married man and hopeful they’d get back together. They had been living together for four years, since they moved from her family’s home in Jacksonville, Fla., to Nashville.

11. Luckyazn

So was the door lock?

I mean did someone do the shooting and left ... or did the girl shoot McNair and then herself?

is either her ex-bf or her ....

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Very sad. I remember the team flying him around on some kind of "official" Oilers plane, with a Derrick logo on the side, when he was drafted. He was the one glimmer of hope after they traded Moon, lost 14 games a year after getting a first-round bye, and Kenneth Stanley started asking Turkeyneck for a new stadium.

I even remember him kind of getting screwed for the Heisman, and backing up Chris Chandler for, what, two years?

I speculate that mistress's boyfriend might have killed them both.

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Oops, sorry; didn't read Luckyazn posts above: although there's no link or cited newspaper.

14. Luckyazn

15. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Either the (ex)boyfriend or it was her. I'm leaning towards (ex)boyfriend.

Is it me, or local online newspaper reply people so stupid? I read the chron, and just cringe at how stupid people are.

17. Egghead

Egghead Member

RIP McNair

18. legend215

legend215 Contributing Member

Man.....Rest in Peace Steve. I remember the day you were drafted like it was yesterday. I wonder how Vince and Warren are holding up.

19. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

It seems strange that the ex-bf would come to her condo to pick up the car, 5 months after they broke up.

She was living with him, since she was 15-16? wtf?

20. The Drake

The Drake Member

RIP Steve...truly sad news.