1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Kerr needs to stop loving Yao Ming so much

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rimbaud, Feb 8, 2005.

1. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Member

Steve Kerr is an anti-Yao TV analyst ever since last year. If you ever EVER heard him say anything nice about Yao is because he's trying to pretend to be nice....but the guy is a anti-Yao all the way. He makes some offensive remark about Yao last year and had to apologize...the guy suck as a TV analyst anyway!!!

Picking Parker over Nash?? Lamed!!
    Bibby over Nash?? Lamed!!

2. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

i agree, steve kerr has always hated on yao and the rockets. i bet you he is still pissed about t-macs comeback against his spurs. so he just takes the bashing out on the all-star selections, what an immature guy. grow up steve!

3. langal

langal Contributing Member

He called him a 7'6" Chinaman.

Also - I think the Kings would trade Brad Miller for Yao Ming in half a heartbeat. Brad Miller is a nice player who never gets double-teamed or fronted. Yao is usually the focus of opponents' defenses. I don't think coaches devise game plans centered on stopping Brad Miller.

The Kings with Yao (and sans Miller) would be damn scary - better than the Spurs?

The Rockets with Brad Miller (and no Yao) are definitely a downgrade. Juwan Howard would become our primary low-post threat.

4. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

But your point wasn't that Miller is the better passing big man now was it? No, your point was that there is a case for seeing Miller starting the ASG ahead of Yao, then you use one stat and even in that one stat, the jury is still out on that one, especially if you consider his first 3 years in the league.

That is the equivalent of saying that Yao is the better player because he averaged more PPG than Miller ever had and completely ignoring everything else.

In this case, Yao just happens to BE the better player, but not solely because of his PPG, but because he's the total package. There are things in which Miller does better than Yao but there are a LOT more things Yao does better than Miller. And while it is true that neither can carry a team, Yao can't do it YET whereas Miller NEVER WILL.

You know what I think the problem is? In your lack of argument you lost your focus.

5. DollarBill

DollarBill Contributing Member

look at his baby face, he will never grow up to be a Man!! He's just toob biased to be a well-respected analyst.

6. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Why are we still arguing this? On a Rockets' board, where is the love, man? If Shaq is still in the West, you might want to argue that who's more "deserving", although I still think this "deserving" thing is a very very weak argument. The votes decide the starting lineup. You could argue all you want, that Google shouldn't be a $200 stock, who cares, the market decides that, and people are willing to pay that money to get it. Do you dare to short?

Someone made a point in this thread, that ASG is about "performance". I thought we cleared that past two years already. It's not about performance only, it's about what fans want. Your opinion counts, as Steve's, but only for ONE vote, it weighs as much as the vote from the guy next to you. What's the point to argue who's right? Who gets the most vote, who starts, that's the rule. You can't say that the result is different than your opinion, now you hate the rule. Then don't play this game. What's the difference in votes between Brad Miller and Yao? It's so big that it's not even funny. To claim that Miller DESERVES to start over Yao is simple trolling. Again, everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but to say that the opinions of 90% people out there are garbages, that's some "brave act".

By the way, some Rockets fans must be the most rightous group in the basketball world. I don't see fans from other teams argue with passion that their all star players don't deserve the vote. Yes, Brad Miller is a good player, but other people don't want to see him, is that OK? Deke is a very good player, but people don't vote for him. YOu can't force them, or act superior to dismiss their opinion on who they LIKE. Every vote counts:)

7. farlyer

farlyer Member

Carry a team?humm...
    Even T-mac can't carry a team although he is a superstar.I think that only shaq,td,kg can do it.