1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Francis VS Stephon Marbury

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mexican_Moose, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

Damn no edit....I make fun of people and then spell Hakeem's name wrong!!!! Damn alcohol!!! Put an o instead of an a for those that don't know....my typing skills suck

2. kryten128

kryten128 Member

Olajuwon... sounds vaguely familiar... oh yeah, Olajuwon, he's that fine lad from Nigeria right?

Didn't he go to the University of Nigeria? And I'm almost certain that he was the goalie for their water polo team. ;)

3. Panda

Panda Member

Marbury is better than Francis because he's the leader of his team and has the "leader's confidence"? Sorry, I'm not buying it.

That's like saying Marbury will be worse than Francis the second he is traded to a team with a bigger star, like the Spurs.

If Francis' confidence hinges on whether he's the man of a team or not, we are in deep trouble.

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I am going to hold out for now.

Go Stevie Franchise!!

5. gunawanspurs

gunawanspurs Member

Francis is a better athlete, Marbury is the better basketball player. :D

FOR NOW. :)

6. cujo

cujo Member

All star game should have a one on one challenge that fans can vote to see. That would be aewsome. But I think Francis is better than Marbury one on one. Marbury has the edge as far as team guard for right now only cuz Francis is starting to buy into Gundy's system.

7. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Forget it. Francis is playing great team ball right now. The Suns...are sucking right now. And yes, a lot of it rests on Steph's shoulders.

8. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

This year, Franchise has had more turnovers, but honestly, I don't see many areas where Marbury has the edge. I think that Steve has better character and that he tries harder than Marbury to play a team game, he runs so well with Mobes too. I feel that with Yao's arrival that Franchise has been trying to make Yao the focal point, just an adjustment, if you guys saw the Orlando game, that game was absolutely flawless by Franchise and Mobes, I think that we can expect to see more of that by Francis and then people will start to realize the kind of talent that he really has.

9. slinslin

slinslin Member

Why are the Suns sucking? They are 3-3 and lost 2 of the games to the top 2 teams in the league on a game winning shot.

Yes they suck.