1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Francis status for next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zacatecas, Jul 17, 2008.

?

What Role do you see Steve taking at his peak next season?

1. He becomes the starter (starting 5)

78 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. He becomes a key reserve (part of 8 man rotation)

279 vote(s)
    37.9%
  3. He plays sparingly (part of 10 or 12 man rotation)

139 vote(s)
    18.9%
  4. Gets burried at benche's end for his tradeable contract

159 vote(s)
    21.6%
  5. Gets waived before end of season

82 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. mingbling

mingbling Member

My heart says he's gonna make the eight man rotation but my mind tells me hes gonna get traded by the deadline. :( :(

2. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

That is by far the best Steve Francis mix out there. If he's healthy, he's the best pg on Houston's roster

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/icuT1PJ43nw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/icuT1PJ43nw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

For good measure, Steve going back home and hitting a game winner (he was fouled too).

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IDWZM1kojiY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IDWZM1kojiY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

3. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

See, this was just this past year...he's still got something in him. If he shows up to camp in any kind of shape, I think he'll be in the 8 man rotation for sure. Well, I hope so.

4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

It all depends on the success of his surgery and rehab. Who knows? I have seen no reports.

Steve can definitely be in the rotation if he can recover.

There is no reason I've seen to feel that he has given up mentally.

Hopefully Steve is not a Bobby Sura.

5. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

I love Steve, but I don't know where he would fit in the game plan even if he make a come back. He was never a true point guard.

6. TmacsRockets

TmacsRockets Rookie

He is included in a trade with Battier and Brooks for Artest.

7. mrdan

mrdan Contributing Member

Is it so hard to believe that he will come back? Remember, he was co-rookie of the year with Elton Brand.

8. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I thought that I was a dreamer, but this POLL shows that there are a lot of other dreamers on this Forum at the same time!!! :p

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He has lost quite a bit of his athleticism which makes it difficult for him to sustain his occasional bursts of speed.It took me time to realize that after his success in the Phoenix game. His skill set and IQ wasn't his strongest point and that's why he is unable to compensate for his weaknesses.
    The injuries,inactivity, weight gain, and age has hurt him a great deal.

10. mrdan

I don't expect him to become an All-Star or anything, but he should certainly be able to crack the rotation...

He's still good for a few minutes a game. Remember the putback dunk from the beginning of the season? He still has some of that athleticism.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#90 mrdan, Jul 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  11. ling ling

ling ling Member

DNP - Old Age

12. poprocks

poprocks Member

Francis will be back. 5-10 min a game until about December and to help him get his legs back. After that, I think you'll start seeing the old Stevie Francis again.

It's a long hard road to come back from injury. He'll be cleared to play when the season starts but he won't get his endurance and legs back until the midway point of the season. That's the problem with bouncing back from injury and surgery. :(

After that point, yeah the guy should be good to go. Maybe not 100 percent the old Franchise but a 70-80% Franchise is going to help us a lot. I really hope we do not trade him at least not until we see what he's got and he's given the time to recover.

13. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

What's wrong with being a dreamer? Sometimes they come true. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

i think steve francis can still be an answer to our '3rd initaitor on offense' problem.

and it would be one helluva story...

15. mrdan

Most viewed threads

Stevie is quite popular.

16. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

You hit it on the money. Because of his age, he should still be at 75% of his prime at the minimum. If he is done, it is really sad becuase I can't think of another person who fell of that quickly and went from being an all star starter to waived from every team in a span of three or four years. He has fallen off almost as fast as Micheal Vick. How does that happen?

17. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

He wont get waived. He will be atleast looked at during camp and trying to get back in shape (maybe) and then at the deadline he wont be traded for more dead weight trust me he is to be used only if another team is ready to blow up their roster.

18. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Another thing i could not understand why it took so long to have surgery untill the season was over when it could have been dont last year around the All-Star break can someone explain that?

19. poprocks

poprocks Member

Yeah, that was pretty stupid on Francis's part. He should have got the surgery as soon as he was diagnosed. For some reason I think he's really chicken about the knife.

20. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I mean if he absolutely knew he could play again then why was he not on the sideline during the playoffs? It seems like he is hiding from the media spotlight anyways.

You would figure he would be on the sideline right? If he had surgery earlier instead of the last minute he would be ready to go all out in camp you would think. Now he looks like a baloon and is dead weight on our payroll.

Since his buyout i seriously doubt he was even motivated enough to even consider to comeback anyways.

As for that interview quack, quack he said the same thing last year.