1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve francis, in a movie!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stevie Francis, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Can't believe nobody's mentioned Blue Chips, starring Nick Nolte. Nolte's head coach at Western University. He and some boosters are involved in some of the most corrupt recruiting practices- ala SMU in the mid-80's. They give Shaq's parents a Lexus, Penny Hardaway's mom a house, and buy Ricky Roe's parents a tractor and give him a bag of cash. Not to mention that one of the players is involved in point shaving. Hilarious movie, and I recommend you watch next time it comes on TV. Some NBA players on it include: Shaq, Penny, Hurley, Calbert Cheaney, and ex-Rocket, Eric Riley.

Still my favorite has to be Above the Rim.

2. tod the bod

tod the bod Contributing Member

The best basketball movies is Hoosiers. End of story. He got game is a good movie (especially the scene where Ray Allen comes to campus and has the three way with the two blondes), love and basketball is also good (and even my wife liked it) and, of course, there is finding forrester, which has some pretty good basketball scenes.

Now if you want to see some really bad basketball, look no further than the Porkys movies. Egad.

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

LOL...I remember that movie...Saw it way back when...It also had Meadowlark Lemon and Kareem...
    Btw, the little dude wasn't Gary Coleman..his name was James Bond III.

Also, Jonathan Winters was freakin hilarious in that movie.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Baqui, Miggidy Markell mentioned it on the first page.

I'd have to go with He Got Game then Hoosiers.

Teen Wolf has the worst basketball, tod. :)

5. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I'm sorry, but White Men Can't Jump is not only the greatest basketball movie of all time, but the greatest sports movie of all time. That movie inspired me to start playing pick up basketball. Plus, Rosie Perez puts on the only watchable acting performance of her career.

Another good basketball movie, if you can find it, is <i>Heaven is a Playground</i>. It's about this rich, white lawyer that starts balling in the ghetto, and he represents a troubled college hoops player that is going pro. A weird premise, but I liked it. It also has a cameo by Hakeem (the only movie appearnce of Hakeem's career, I think)