1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve francis, in a movie!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stevie Francis, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

And how bout that movie "The Sixth Man" with the Wayans brothers?!?!? GREAT STUFF!:D And on another Basketball movie note, what about that movie "Juwanna Man". WTF??!?!??:confused: Someone want to explain to me why such a movie is being produced and who in the hell would actually do such a thing?? (Except for Dennis Rodman):D

2. Stevie Francis

good point rocket are us, who would be better to star in the movie juwanna man than Dennis Rodman.:)

3. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Shoog Knight aka The Owner of Death Row said Bow Wow is lying about his age. He was on 106 & Park when he said it.

4. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Don't forget Blue Chips and all the And 1 Tapes:cool:

5. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

I think you mean Suge Knight the owner of The Row Records. They took the Death out of their name. Not like it'll help them much though.

6. bsb8532

bsb8532 Member

Well, if Shoog (or Suge, whatever) said it then it must be true. Just like when he says he's never killed anyone or coerced someone into signing with his label. Shoog is the epitome of honesty and integrity.

Does Fletch qualify as a basketball movie? That was pretty good.

7. silent j

silent j Member

What about Dr. J in that cinematic masterpiece The Fish That saved Pittsbugh with Gary Coleman?
    j

8. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

The Sixth Man was da bomb. Hey, I liked Eddie. My man Malik Sealy (R.I.P.) starred in it and Walt Williams had a cuople lines.

9. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Yeah thats true but I wouldn't be shocked if he was really a 5foot 17 or 18 year old.

10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

The movie that starred Don Cheadle as Earl "The Goat" Manigault is one of the best basketball movies ever.

I can't remember the name of it, though. I guess I could look it up on the Internet movie database site, but I'm lazy, so I won't right now.

11. drapg

drapg Member

Title: Rebound: The Legend of Earl "The Goat" Manigault

12. drapg

drapg Member

speaking of bball movies... anyone remember "The Air Up There" starring Kevin Bacon...

it's been showing on HBO the past week... talk about AWFUL! and to think i actually liked it when I was a wee 16 year old and saw it at the movie theaters!

13. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

What about "Amazing Grace and Chuck" with Alex English?

I never saw it, just trying to be thorough.

14. SwisherShot

SwisherShot Member

Last night, I watched a movie about an asian boy who grew up with a black family in Atlanta. The family moves to South-central L.A., and the asian boy is faced with discrimination/racial confusion because nobody expects him to talk like a brotha. Anyway, this kid happens to be a pretty good baller and there's many streetball scenes (including the climactic ending). Has anyone else seen this movie?

As an asian myself, I could kind of relate, and the initial close-mindedness of some of the 'hood' people reminds me of Francis and Mobley's views on Yao's presence on the Rockets.

Does anybody remember the title of that movie? Its not the greatest basketball movie made, but its still pretty funny watching an asian mixin' it up in a "Friday"-esque neighborhood.

Swisher

15. ElGrandeQueso

ElGrandeQueso Member

I'm surprised no one mentioned He Got Game yet. That movie was great. I thought Ray Allen acted tremendously well and Denzel Washington was, well he was Denzel. Love and Basketball was okay too, but He Got Game was definitely the better one.

16. a-rock

a-rock Member

....anyone can remember the basketball-movie starring kevin bacon? ...that movie was pretty cool...

"eddie" sucked, but did you know walt williams was in that movie?

for me the best b-ball movie is "he got game"

17. lpbman

lpbman Member

the air up there?

18. drapg

drapg Member

if you know how to use your mouse, you can simply scroll up 4 posts from your question.

19. dreday

dreday Contributing Member

Rebound

20. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Another basketball film that isn't too bad is Cornbread, Earl and Me, which deals with a basketball player mistakenly killed by cops. The guy who played Cornbread was an All-American at UCLA and Larry Fishburne plays the kid who idolizes him. It's not really a basketball film, (more of a semi-blaxploitation flick as Bernie Casey is in it and some of the acting is on a Dolemite-level) but basketball does play some part in the story.