1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve fitting into jvg system!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sup123, Mar 13, 2004.

1. sup123

sup123 Member

Steve has been playing outstanding lately. Getting everyone involoved and shooting well. i think he finally coming into jvg system. What do yall think. :D

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

3. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Steve is Totally on the Same Page with JVG

I think Stevie knows that JVG = Winning Ways and it's working. This is great b/c even though they've had their differences, you know they are communicating again given how well the Rox have been playing of late. I also think that Stevie is playing with a tremendous amount of poise and confidence lately, in part, b/c he has greater trust for his teammates.

It's so great to see!

:D

theSAGE

4. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

not only Steve but the entire team is clicking at the right time. It's an exciting time to be a rockets fan. Haven't been able to say that in a long time.

5. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

me too

he is not a complete player yet, but he´s getting better, 7 assists per game now... in the early season he was averaging about 4 or 3, wich is ridiculous for someone who have an average of 6 assists

6. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

steve is playing great, hes only going to get better as the season progress. he still does some stupid stuff like that behind the back pass to cato, but i think hes geting it slowly and next year hes going to be real good

7. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

yeah for a while i've been saying that steve may be able to adapt. we are an athletic PF away from serious contention.

8. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

YIP, you would not know serious contention if it hit you in the face. Barring a serious injury you are looking at a time that is probably going to contend this year.

9. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Its because we are winning, if we lose he gets the blame, surprisingly he is getting props for our wins too, usually that would go to JVG or Yao.

10. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

Steve Francis just started being Steve Francis thats all.

But by season's end, he'll be averaging just under 7 assists a game.

11. user

user Member

Maybe it because that he actually started leading and lead us to win games. The fans are the same ones but Steve actually improved! It's a good thing.

12. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I agree that his shot is better and his hustle stands out, but you could tell the effort level is just as high as it always has been. The fans may be the same, but these are the same ones that jump the boat. as soon as a player goes 1-7 one night, they call for his head, even when the win is ours.

13. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

i don't think the fans were bashing him when he goes 1-7 and we still win. it just that when he goes 1-7 we usually lose.

14. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

:D I thought this day would never came.

Oh well, if Steve can pull off one more game like this, I will change my sig, that's a promise.

15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Good to have you back DaDakota. :)

Go Stevie Franchise!!

16. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

I posted back in the previous DaDakota, thread that i thought he was going through a transition. I really hope that his offensive game is comming back after this transition rather than just a few game anomily. I really think he is back for good.

17. mos-def

mos-def Member

i hate to say "i told you so".....

but

some of us have said all along that all this team needed was time to buy into jvg system, LEARN the damn system, and time to gell. with almost half of the teams active roster new, it had to take time. the offense and defense are highly structured TEAM systems and it takes time to erase all the bad habits and build new, better ones.

this team NEEDS to stay in tact for a few years and POW! we will be like the kings.

watch. this is just the beginning.

18. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Yeah I noticed that too...You know Steve is doing something right when DD approves.

Go Francis!

Go Rockets!

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Glad to see you turned the corner DaDa. SF has been playing pretty damn good as of lately. It's so great to see him playing like the "old" SF.

20. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

sup123 AND DaDakota... *******!