1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steubenville Rape Case

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by So Good, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

If I had a daughter I would hope she isn't out downing so many drinks to the point she can't remember anything or control her actions.

As for what I'd tell her I don't know I don't have a daughter, nor have I raped a chick nor have I ever been wasted. I'll take me being worthless if I believe people shouldn't be drinking to the point they can't remember ****.

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Do some of you even read? Where in this thread did I say they should have raped her? Where in this thread did I say it was right that she was raped.

All I said anyone drunk to the point that they can't remember anything is to blame for putting themselves in that situation to begin with. Maybe I'm just sick of everyone blaming alcohol for the stupid decisions they make.

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

You're the one who lacks reading comprehension. What I'm saying is that getting raped while unconscious is not a normal consequence of drinking; even drinking to the point of blacking out. She'd deserve blame if she had gotten alcohol poisoning. She'd deserve blame if she had gotten a nasty hangover. But being raped while drunk is not a normal risk that one should have to assume. The victim does not deserve any blame for being raped simply because she was drunk.

And though she made the decision to drink, she didn't make the 'stupid decision' to get raped.

4. ILoveTheRockets

You blaming this young female for her being raped is one of the most dickish things I have read on this forum.

Seriously.

Nobody deserves that, and it could have happened even if she wasn't drunk out of her mind. Those bastards who raped her already had mental problems to begin with. Her being drunk just made her an easy target for these assholes to do what they wanted with her. It's sick, and you saying she deserves blame for their actions is just as sick, Sicko.

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'm with you Shaud. Girl definitely deserves some blame.

Doesn't mean the guys deserve any less blame, and they deserve to go to jail. A decent human being does not have sex with someone who is unconscious. It isn't condoning their behavior to say she should have been more responsible.

1 person likes this.
  6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Exactlyyy

Glad you get what I was saying.

7. juicystream

It happens a lot more than maybe you realize. While I've never seen a completely unconscious person be raped, I have seen them peed on before and cummed on, as well as thing placed in areas they shouldn't have been. You put enough young drunk people together, you are going to get some people who do completely dispicable stuff.

Getting hammered around a large group of drunk assholes is a beyond stupid decision.

8. ILoveTheRockets

Wow at juicy and Shaud, just wow.

So do you guys also believe women who are raped at home while sleeping, by an intruder deserve some blame as well? Since the women was sleeping and all, and didn't fully protect her home to the fullest extent...

Just pathetic guys. Seriously.

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

What a beautiful comparison that is.

10. juicystream

So, sleeping in your own house = illegally drinking, drinking to the point of passing out, and doing so in the presence of a bunch assholes.

Same thing...

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

Shame on us for thinking people shouldn't drink to the point they are passing out and can't remember anything.

Shame on us true scumbags.

12. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I have some agreement with Shaud as well. People comparing this to somebody getting hit by a drunk driver are foolish. Why? The person who gets hit has know control over that situation. The girl did have some control over the situation by not getting inebriated to the point she was unconscious. Was she a victim? Of course. Are victims totally without blame though? No, not all the time.

If I take a shortcut through a neighborhood I know is bad, I'm taking the risk of getting robbed, injured or even killed for my own purposes. Would I be a victim? Of course but I took a chance and I knew the risks. I'm almost certain a lot of people would be like "What the hell were you doing in that neighborhood anyway?". If I get drunk on alcohol I'm taking a risk myself because a lot of bad things can happen when somebody is drunk including arrest, injury and death. If I get drunk and my friends know I'm drunk and let me drive and then I get caught do they get in trouble? I'd be willing to be most of the time the answer is no.

1 person likes this.
  13. dharocks

Sure they did. They had control over whether they got into the car. It's a risk you accept when you decide to get in car, right? 10,000 drivers in the US get killed by drunk drivers every year. If it happens, you deserve blame for getting into a car, right?

Of course not. Because that's r****ded. Just like it's r****ded to say that someone who gets raped while blacked out deserves blame because they accepted that risk when they decided to get drunk.

C'mon people. We're better than this.

14. juicystream

I'll make a comparison for you.

Guy is out soliciting a hooker.

Gets robbed by a pimp.

Would you say the john was 100% not to blame for making a bad decision in the first place?

It isn't the same, and I feel worse for this girl, because she is just a girl. She made a stupid decision. She didn't deserve what happened, but she put herself at risk by making a bad decision, and then doubling down on it.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

So basically anyone who gets drunk and is passed out is doing no wrong.

Completely acceptable to be drunk and passed out

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

sad that they only tried 2 of these social degenerates...I wish the DA went after more...bc there were a lot of guilty folks...

17. dharocks

You put yourself at risk of having something bad happen to you every time you get out of bed in the morning. If you really want to push the argument that one deserves some % of the blame, no matter how small, for ANY misfortune that occurs, fine. Then accept my drunk driver analogy.

But I ultimately think that's stupid. There are normal risks associated with certain actions. Normal risks for getting drunk include alcohol poisoning, hangovers, and severely spraining one's ankle when jumping out of a second story window when trying to intercept a chinese food delivery guy for reasons that I'm still a little hazy on.

I don't agree with you that would should have to reasonably worry about getting gang raped in multiple orifices and urinated on by a large group of people like this girl apparently was. I think one should be able to safely assume that when with a group, at least one of them will have the decency to put a stop to such actions before they start. Unless one has the misfortune of being drunk in the presence of a bunch of degenerate rapists.

In which case, I don't believe one deserves to be blamed for the actions of said degenerate rapists.

18. VanityHalfBlack

What about the jocks who committed the rape? They're human beings too, did they make a bad decision?

I've never been attacked by someone being drunk and passed out, so to your answer, yes!

19. dharocks

This argument combined with the Rockets game is just going to give me a brain aneurysm.

If it makes you guys happy, sure, assign some blame to the girl who was raped while drunk, for getting drunk. But if we've seriously gotten to the point where the potential for getting gang raped should be casually accepted as a normal risk associated with drinking, and not regarded as an outlier possibility to be treated with shock and outrage, we've seriously failed as a society.

1 person likes this.
  20. Shaud

Shaud Member

Still don't see where anyone said it was acceptable to rape anyone.

I'll be waiting