1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stern on NBA Tv right now explaining why he Vetoed Rockets trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by flippedfk, Dec 14, 2011.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Rick Adelman has a good track record of avoiding the top 10 picks and at least challenging for the play off. With a starting line up that includes:

PF - Kevin Love
    SF - Derick Williams
    SG - Wesley Johnson

And they still have Micheal Beasley who can score.

Don't be surprised if they make a serious push for the play-offs, but I do think if nothing else it will be a lottery pick to go along with NOH's own pick which is certain to be a high lottery pick.

2. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

If you read Feigan's article http://blog.chron.com/nba/2011/12/n...ers-rockets-get-left-out-of-sterns-interests/

He raises such a good point about conspiracy and the Timberwolves. If Beasley, Love, or anyone on the Timberwolves roster does anything that calls for a suspension or borderline play that calls for a suspension and the commissioner suspends a player from the Timberwolves, is he suspending that player for the "best interest of the Hornets"?

By making this move David Stern just lit the fire for a whole lot of conspiracy theories.

Could you imagine if the Hornets somehow got the #1 pick in next years draft...

I will always support and watch my Rockets, but until Stern steps down I will not purchase tickets or buy any NBA merchandise.

3. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Let's compare the two deals shall we...

NOH-LAL-HOU Trade: Hornets get Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Lamar Odom, Goran Dragic and 2 first rd picks

NOH-LAC Trade: Hornets get Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman, Al Farouq Aminu and minny's 1st rd pick

Now, which package do you think is better? Is it that much of a difference to veto the first one? Our package was even decent enough that some people might even choose it over the Clippers deal. When was the last time you saw the Stern vetoing a trade? A trade this fair.

4. Streakshooter

Streakshooter Member

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Obviously Del Demps thought the better deal was from Rockets / Lakers

6. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

The only thing that made you open your eyes was that $ from the first deal around $10.5mil and the second deal the salaries were around $5mil

7. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

The Clippers package is definately better for a rebuilding team thats up for sale. I don't see how anyone can disputs that.

8. Ashes

Ashes Member

I don't see how anyone can say Stern did the right thing. While it may have been best for the Hornets, the way it was handled was terrible. I can't possibly believe the NBA had no idea the trade talks between the teams were happening before news broke out, they had to have known something about the potential trade of Chris Paul. Stern should have stepped in behind the scenes and ended it before it went public, by not doing so he hurt the Lakers and the Rockets, but since the Lakers are the Lakers this doesn't hurt them nearly as much as it hurt the Rockets. Awful timing and decision by David Stern.

9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

It depends on what you want to believe. If Stern is telling the truth about the NBA Board appointing the Commish as having final say on NO transactions when they bought the team, and that he thought they were better served with young players and high picks, then he was 100% right. He handled it wrong but he was right to veto the trade (as any other owner could do at the last second) and he did get the team a better deal, especially from the aspect of reselling the team.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Time to move on, it didn't work out, trades are risky business.

Hating on Stern is fine....in fact it is required.

DD

11. cod

cod Member

Jack, Gordon, Ariza, Kaman, Okafor. That's a solid lineup.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

and they just re-signed Landry.

13. Omer

Omer Member