1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stern on NBA Tv right now explaining why he Vetoed Rockets trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by flippedfk, Dec 14, 2011.

1. TheresTheDagger

Is this "interview" with Stern available online anywhere? Anyone?

Rep points for the person who provides the embed/link. :grin:

2. Burko

Burko Member

Stern did indeed do what was best for the Hornets, unfortunately he's also the NBA commissioner, which is clearly a conflict of interest when he vetos this trade.

He abused the power given to him as commissioner to help the league ran Hornets, it's pretty much locked down as a CoI.

3. comehere2

comehere2 Member

this. He needs to step down.

4. Dei

Dei Member

That they got an arguably better trade is irrelevant. Our trade was legal under the rules. The only circumstance Stern should have been able to intervene was if Dell Demps was getting grossly inferior value back.

5. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

And what's best for the Rockets :D
    I like it that Martin & Scola are still here and could not stand a minute of Gasol !

6. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

I agree

7. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty pissed at what Stern did. Whether or not you like the trade for the Rockets, doesn't really matter, it was wrong. Call it collusion, conflict of interest, it was just effing wrong.

Eh, what the hell, I'm not going to give an intelligent, well thought out response, I just want to cuss a lot. %#*? #!*%£. I still don't feel any better.

9. thekad

thekad Member

I can't believe people defending the Lakers/Rockets trade call themselves thinking human beings. They should be ashamed of themselves.

10. Landry92

Landry92 Member

This trade is 10x better than the Lakers Rockets trade

I say that without absolute doubt, Don't know what those idiots in the national media were thinking blowing that Veto out of proportian

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Feigen asked

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

even if this doesn't go to court, i can see university law professors studying this situation and exposing the clear-as-day conflict of interest for years to come. stern cannot hide from this f***-up

13. k-money

k-money Member

we gave up to much for gasol only. he didnt wanna come any way.

14. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

it says alot about stern's interest in the rockets. he sees us as an acceptable party for being mediocre. he didnt realize that k-mart, the reuniting of scolandry, and the dragon could fill the gap of cp3. let alone the picks we threw in. his actions indirectly led to chuck hayes moving on. i never wanted to punch anyone more since dakota fanning.

15. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I hope Stern makes it up to us somehow.

16. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Easy to do when you have all the power.

17. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

[​IMG]

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

What you mean is: I think stern did the right thing . If the hornets had taken the other deal they would have been on the treadmill mill of mediocrity but now they will suck for two years and have a chance to get good.

OKC did that successfully. Cavs got Lebron, to the Finals, and Lebroned. Who else has? Clips? Bulls? Heat? Kings? It's a tried and untrue means to success. And if Durant were not Durant but a more prototypical prima donna then they wouldn't even be the exception. No one will go to OKC anymore than to Cleavesburgh or Salt Lake City for any reason other than they can't be where they'd'ruther.

You have to roll the dice, and sometimes you just say, 'crap'.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The fun will begin wihen the T'Wolves have a reasonable year and end up with the 10th pick prior to the lottery. The lottery balls then get picked and, voila, the Hornets get the number one pick in the draft.

20. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Does anyone actually believe the Hornets won't be getting two picks in the top 5 of the Lottery?