1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Stern on NBA Tv right now explaining why he Vetoed Rockets trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by flippedfk, Dec 14, 2011.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Now I know how Cleveland feels

Some one taking a **** on you on Every Major Sports network and you can't do **** about it.

2. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

What's everyone saying about Houston?

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

No we will not see. Pau and Nene will never get the opertunity to play in the same front court while wearing a Rockets jersey. We will never see.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

In Dallas the ESPN guys on the radio (Ian Fitzimons and Matt Mosely) agreed that Houston got completely screwed by what Stern did and that there was no way that NOH would get as good of a deal as Odom, Scola, Martin, Dracic and a 1st and 2nd round pick.

Evan Chuck Cooperstien (the radio voice of the Mavs) was taken back by what Stern did and thought the offer from LAL / Houston to NOH was a fantastic offer.

5. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

It is clearly a violation of the CBA

6. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I have a feeling we will get rewarded some how if we tank and get the 7th-9th seed, Stern will give us the 3rd overall pick in this draft watch...at least I hope its the very least he can do!

7. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

oops edit

8. Nook

Nook Member

You think

#1 it is acceptable for the league to own a team?

#2 You want the commish to veto a fair trade, made by GM's because the team is owned by the NBA? Veto a second trade? A third trade?

#3 You do not see how the credibility of the entire league is called into question?

This whole thing is a disaster for the NBA, it will be a black eye for the league for years to come.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Repped

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Could be blessing in disguise. League will pity us and give us more assets!

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thanks, but I didn't get any :grin:.

Swoly-D alert!:

That's what (s)he said

12. bpbkforlife

bpbkforlife Member

Stern can save the drama cause the damage is already done:mad:

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

No it isn't very fair for the league to own team and why the league owns a team makes no sense.

But the trade that dell demps wasn't that good for NO. They get scola and martin. Does that team have any chace to compete for anything other than 7th or 8th seed? At least now they have a chance to build around good players in a few years.

From a rockets stand point it sucks, but pau gasol in his prime couldn't get the grizz a single playoff win. He is a top 10 player? Is a guy who average 15-7 worth 13 mil?

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Just like Stern - in his inseparable role as commissioner who is supposed to be impartial - should not get involved on behalf of the team if any other team makes a bad trade, he should not get involved either on behalf of the team if New Orleans makes a bad trade, because in that very moment he is no longer impartial. He takes sides. His attempts to force the Rockets to gut their whole team to get Gasol were far, far out of bounds for a commissioner. He was basically trying to screw the Rockets to benefit another team.

And he was forcing the Rockets to remain stuck in the exact same position you describe above that, according to you, "wasn't good for NO".

15. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Can I say **** Stern one more time?

Eff you Stern!

16. BreakYoSelfFool

People will line up to by the Hornets now that they picked up Eric Gordon....Did you see that game where he scored 23 in the 4th quarter of a playoff game? :rolleyes:

17. CKent

CKent Member

For those of you defending Stern ask yourself this question and try to answer it honestly:

If the original offer had all the same pieces going to the Hornets but CP3 wound up in a Clippers uniform instead of a Lakers do you believe Stern would have still vetoed the trade?

I can't give a definitive answer but I would be inclined to think that he would have let the trade go through. Therefore the ends (New Orleans getting a better deal) don't justify the means.

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Dragic? :)

19. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

I can't wait to see when Eric Gordon walks out on them.. Anyways good for them, the NBA wanted to screw the Lakers and we got caught in the fire. Hopefully we'll be able to find some glimmer of light in this season.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

depends on what you believe about the reason why Stern vetoed the deal. If the reasons that he claimed are actually the reasons then yes he would have vetoed that deal.

It doesn't matter what I or what anyone else think, it's what actually happened that matters.