1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Jackson- How much trouble are the Warriors in?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Mar 26, 2018.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

One other factor I forgot about with Utah that has me wanting to avoid them more than a Minnesota, Denver, or New Orleans is they have playoff experience. They actually won a series last season. Ironically one of the keys to their victory over CP3 and the Clippers(Joe Johnson) is now in a Rockets uniform, but I'd still rather face an inexperienced young squad like the other three aforementioned teams. They're more likely to wilt under pressure.

s3ts and DreamShook like this.
  2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I want Minny. We have beaten them by a combined 62 points in our 4 games this season.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

OK, I can get behind this as a legitimate reason why you would want to avoid Utah and play Minny or Denver.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

If that's the case, then why do 6 of the other 8 teams in the WC playoff race have better home records? And of the other two, one is almost equal. Only the Pelicans have a statistically worse home record at 22-15. The Spurs and the T-Wolves are MUCH better home teams that the Jazz.

As for them being a terrific defensive team, we aren't too shabby ourselves. And while we're the 2nd best offensive team in the league, only the Spurs are worse than the Jazz offensively among playoff teams. In other words, they pretty much suck offensively. We're a much more balanced team.

We're also the best home team AND the best road team in the entire league. The Jazz might make us break a sweat, but I don't see them being good enough to win more than a single game against us in a first-round matchup.

5. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

Never forget the kind of homecourt advantage they have.

saleem likes this.
  6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He's the king of misinformation, and false narratives. Go to any comment section of Twitter, YT, IG, FB, etc, and you'll see just how ignorant and downright hateful the masses actually are once they get to hide behind a computer screen. Skip is their leader, except he gets to hide in plain sight.

topfive likes this.
  7. macan

macan Member

didn't we sweep utah this season?

8. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

These guys are the equivalent of my co-workers talking about the NBA after having watched zero games this season. Stephen Jackson can talk, because he's been there. But these other two are the people talking near you on the bus that you know are wrong, but you just let it happen because you know they have no clue and it's not even worth your time.

9. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

On the other hand I think that's the team OKC wants to avoid....

10. photojoe

photojoe Member

Out of all of the bad talk shows that follow this same format, this one is by far the worst

11. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Coz that’s the media for you and all their “analysts”. I was thinking the same thing.

We beat Portland when they were playing their best basketball of the season. We have beaten Utah when they were too, every time we won against them the media downplayed them because they weren’t in the playoffs picture or were on the bottom. We beat okc when we were all healthy and we dominated them last time we played them. They barely won against us and we were down Harden and some guys were just coming back from injuries. We swept the wolves. We’re gonna sweep the spurs and okc. We swept Denver and we played some back to back against Utah and Denver which were marked as loses or one of them as loses because of the altitude and how hard it is to play there. We beaten the warriors twice and when they won we didn’t have everyone and oh yea the game was close.

I can’t wait to prove them wrong just like the team has. Last season they proved they were better way better than anyone thought we would be. Yea game 6th happened but they forget about the other games. This season they prove them wrong by getting the best record in the NBA. They had us below the warriors, okc, Cleveland, Boston and spurs.

It will be sweet ones we prove them wrong and get the championship =)

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Shannon got personality

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What exactly does the woman do in these videos?

14. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I feel like I'm losing brain cells every time I watch a clip from this show.