1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Curry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Entropy, Mar 14, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Entropy

Entropy Member

Scored 35 pts and dished out 10 assists, albeit against the raptors tonight. Is he better than brooks as a PG, even as a rookie?

2. Bob Monkeyson

Bob Monkeyson Member

Not sure about as good as Brooks, but for the most part he is a better passer and a more accurate shooter...but then again, I wonder how good Brooks could do if he played in Nellie's system?

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

he's by far better than Brooks.

Better Shooter

Better passer

Better player.

4. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Yes he's better than Brooks.

5. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

and he's 6'3"

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he'll be a much better player than brooks for sure, and they're about on the same par right now though brooks is a little more consistent.

curry is a much better shooter from 3 or midrange (yes, he already has a very good midrange game). and i'm sure eventually he'll bulk up a little bit so he can attack the basket a bit more. he's a better all-around player than brooks.

hence he was a lottery pick, and brooks wasn't. so it wouldn't come as a surprise.

7. Ismail

Ismail Member

I would say he's better than Brooks easily. He has that same skill set as Brandon Roy where he can just manage a game so well. He's on his way to becoming a top 5 point guard in the league.

8. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

He has the potential to be better than Steve Nash. His upside is way more than CP3, Deron, Jennings or any guard in NBA.

9. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

he's a great pg, no doubt. you guys are seriously overrating him though. he plays for golden state and his stats are inflated (more possessions, no D). he is a great floor general but his upside more than CP3 or Deron? i don't think he'll ever reach their status, but will gladly eat my crow.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Stephen Curry's upside leaves AB in the dust. He has the potential to be in the CP3, D-Will category. Want to see how he does next season and if he takes the big step like they did.

11. kikimama

kikimama Member

You're all crazy. Give AB the key's to run free in that offense and he'll put up better numbers. AB has a real coach and plays within a system whereas Curry can do whatever he wants. AB actually plays better when everything is run through him.

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he is better at just about everything than brooks.

of course, thats why he was a lotto pick and brooks was a late first round pick.

13. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

curry stats are definitely inflated, but curry is a good player and have a hella lot of upside

14. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

System player.

15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I worry abot his durability. I see major injuries for that kid.

I used to feel the same way about AB, but his speed is something that I had not seen before.

Curry's slight build and playing style might lead to injuries. He goes to the rim quite a bit, though not to dunk.

Steve Francis used to get his @ss handed to him sometimes after a drive, much like Curry has.

I hope he has a long career like his pops.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This pretty much sums it up.

17. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

uhhh, derrick rose has a pretty big upside.....He's basically a lebron james in a point guards body.....

18. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I am not really sold on Curry the playmaker.

Don't get me wrong, he is doing a good job, but he is doing it for the fricking Warriors. He is a great shooter, can score the ball but he isn't a natural playmaker (like Paul, Williams).

If we were to trade Aaron for Curry (which will not be possible, just saying), I don't think it would improve our team all that much. It would seem more like a lateral move.

If Curry is a better shooter than Aaron, it would not be by much.
    If Curry is a better playmaker than Aaron, it would not be by much.
    If Curry is a better player than Aaron, it would not be by much.

Neither of them play a lick of D so that is a moot point.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

And you wondered why the warriors wouldn't trade him for amare.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

you guys obviously don't realize how easy it is to score big buckets in nellie's system. Look at monta, baron, and god knows how many other players in his system.

brooks is the better player because he can break the defense down a lot easier, and he has only started for one season, so even though curry is a rookie you guys forget how quickly brooks has developed.