1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Curry: Will finish his career as...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Feb 24, 2016.

?

Stephen Curry will finish his career as?

1. One of the best players of all time

47.6%
  2. The best player of all time

6.8%
  3. One of the best shooters of all time

17.1%
  4. The best shooter of all time

55.4%
  5. One of the best 3 point shooters of all time

13.7%
  6. The best 3 point shooter of all time

44.4%
  7. One of the best ball handlers of all time

22.9%
  8. The best ball handler of all time

3.6%
  9. One of the best point guards of all time

28.9%
  10. The best point guard of all time

7.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

He's like a guard version of Shaq. He's got one dominant attribute that no one else really has in the league and it makes the team unstoppable on offensive when he's the focal point.

Of course it helps that he has Klay and Dramond but there are so many times he just pulls up from 30 feet out and nails a 3 with no pick, no off ball movement, nothing just 20 seconds left on the clock.

2. MONON

MONON Member

"So it is said, so it is done!" Pharaoh Codman has spoken! :grin:

Repped your post not because I agree 100%, but because it was much better thought out than I could have done.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good thread, but it's hard for me to say. Curry's game relies on his handles, his shooting, and playing in a certain style of offense. So I think it will age well.

He'll win at least 2 MVPs and has a title.

If he gets, say, 3 MVPs and 3 titles, with several more seasons of great play? Then that might vault him into the "one of the best of all time" discussion.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

I voted none of the above.

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Didn't you know? He's already the 4th greatest PG of all time and top 23 of all time player according to ESPN. He's obviously either GOAT or top 5 all time after his 2nd title and hopefully his 1st FMVP. If he wins a 3rd in a row next year and a 2nd FMVP, i think it's settled. The unquestionable GOAT.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

...and all this at the tender age of 16.

7. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

He's on track to be one of the best players of all time and is already one of the best shooters and 3 point shooters of all time. The thing that may slow him down are injuries. He has a history with really bad ankles. Deep playoff runs and olympics can take their toll. He has to have a few more seasons playing at a really high level to continue on. Possible but not probable.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He's the best player on a team that just had one of the most historically dominant seasons in history last year. People tried to write it off a fluke and so they come back this year and might have THE most dominant season of all time.

If a team built around him sets records for point differential, wins, efficiency, etc. and wins multiple titles all while he is personally setting records and winning multiple MVPs, it's pretty hard to believe that anyone is still shrugging him off as not being in a "best players of all time" argument.

Chris Paul may do more things at a high level than Curry does, but Chris Paul has no skill that at is at the elite level that Curry's shooting is. I think the person who compared him to Shaq was pretty close but what makes it more impressive is that his elite ability has nothing to do with size and everything to do with skill.

The guy drives me crazy, but he sits in rare company with players who you felt were unstoppable on the court. Jordan, Lebron, Olajuwon, Shaq, PFs in the playoffs against the Rockets...

9. marky :)

marky :) Member

lol damnit. Some reason this made me giggle more than it should of.

I'd say he'll be the Greatest shooter of all time when he's done. He still has a long way to go to be considered top 20 player of all time.

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Giant douche.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Honestly, I would have loved Steph Curry had he not chewed that disgusting thing so much. It just bugs me to no ends.

12. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Curry's fashioning a legendary prime. Where he ranks historically will depend entirely on how long this level lasts and how gracefully he declines from this level.

I think his game will age gracefully since it's not predicated on pure athleticism, but you never know. But if, for example, he plays at this level for another 4-5 years and then ages like Steve Nash, he'll be a top-10/15 type player and probably among the top-3 for point guards.

13. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

He's already the best player of all time IMO. Guys like MJ, KAJ, Hakeem, and Duncan can't hold a candle to what he's done and is doing.

14. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Best shooter of all time. Don't believe there ever been a player who can handle the ball so well while shooting at such a high clip.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

One of the best players of all time? - Depends what your criteria for one of the best is. Good chance he will end up top 20 player of all time.
    The best player of all time - NO
    One of the best shooters of all time - He already is the best shooter of all time
    The best shooter of all time - Yes already is
    One of the best 3 point shooters of all time - Already is
    The best 3 point shooter of all time - Definitely
    One of the best ball handlers of all time - Not sure. His A/To ratio is not that great but he has sick handles
    The best ball handler of all time - NO
    One of the best point guards of all time - Yes good chance he is top 3 PG
    The best point guard of all time - Unlikely as Magic got this

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Don't go out on a limb with the 2 MVPs or anything.... He is surely a LOCK for his second straight??

Will he win another one? I wouldn't argue against it happening.

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

GOAT. He would murder Jordan. It would be like a 7-0 Skunk.

18. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

There was a report about this, it said that he had some kind of disorder which causes him to chew when he gets too nervous, or too intense.

19. conquistador#11

one of the best shooters and player but Hakeem, rebounded, blocked, guarded guards and by the way, scored 3 less points than curry is averaging right now. Michael jordan avg 30 a game for like 11 seasons. Just some perspective for the gold fish millennials. Respect greatness.

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

A Houston Rocket? Lololol