1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Curry: Will finish his career as...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Feb 24, 2016.

?

Stephen Curry will finish his career as?

1. One of the best players of all time

47.6%
  2. The best player of all time

6.8%
  3. One of the best shooters of all time

17.1%
  4. The best shooter of all time

55.4%
  5. One of the best 3 point shooters of all time

13.7%
  6. The best 3 point shooter of all time

44.4%
  7. One of the best ball handlers of all time

22.9%
  8. The best ball handler of all time

3.6%
  9. One of the best point guards of all time

28.9%
  10. The best point guard of all time

7.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="500" height="300" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o8gQ0aBZeak" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Great parenting. Easy to see why he is the man he is today.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Sage Steele and Sonya Curry. The two best milfs in the game!

4. i3artow i3aller

5. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JisTDNHPubM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

There's always a chance he's going to get seriously injured...given his injury history...and no the ankle issue that came from nowhere...kind of suspect of injuries happen on their own without an outside force.

And even with his knee injury...his ankle gave out first, causing his knee to give out. I know there was a wet spot, but that doesn't mean he had to get injured. If his ankle doesn't give, then he likely gets up with nothing more than a good scare. So there's some risk there..

7. roksoer

roksoer Member

WTF is wrong with you, why would want to talk about possible injuries of a guy that's a legit GOAT candidate. There's no reason whatsoever. Do you want him to get injured? You're saying it as if it's a case against the guy's greatness. I don't get it, what's there to talk about. Did you talk about the possibility of Jordan getting injured? Any player can get injured at any time. It's a fruitless discussion.

8. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Most have probably seen this already, but it is so ridiculous that it has to be posted.

How long does it take to show 402 3 pointers? 3 Youtube videos going for 27 min, 58 sec.

Part 1
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xVRKTpGTn44" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Part 2
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EDhTCHN9u_Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Part 3
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f0koy4s7Glo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Everybody agrees with the top 3 (almost unanimously) .

It's Jordan.

Then Magic/Bird---interchangeable depending on what you value and how you evaluate overall careers.

Curry will be added to that mix immediately behind the two, but still with Jordan ahead of him when his career is over imo.

It will be a Jordan, followed by Magic/Bird/Curry .

10. i3artow i3aller

:cool:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gb0wmBUB4cg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

They never made a video like this for Kobe... or Jordan... hmm.

12. Harden's beard

Great shooter, but way too overhyped. This is two years in a row that Curry underacheived in the playoffs, having no finals MVP on his resume is gonna hurt him immensely in the GOAT discussion, if he can even make that list, probably shouldn't.

13. Harden's beard

I hope Westbrook wins this year's players MVP

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Haha...GOAT?

No discussion. Because yeah, Finals MVP absent and if he fails to get this team to the championship then you can't even compare him to Jordan, Kareem, Russel.

Not yet. Still, he's probably the best PG to play so I'm not knocking him at all. Just that WB is eating this dude for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Those GOAT players never let that happen.

15. Harden's beard

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The NBA MVP Steph Curry scored 11pts and Klay Thompson only scored 9pts and the Warriors still won.</p>&mdash; Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) <a href="https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/738587793710927872">June 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. munco

munco Member

Curry is changing the game more than any player of my lifetime. I grew up watching Bird/Magic/Hakeem to MJ and it's like nothing ever done in the NBA. I didn't grow up watching Wilt but that's the only thing that's comparable. What he does only seemed okay in a video game before.

17. Ronkol

Ronkol Member

When yoyu were looking at the OKC seires and realized that your fanytasies do not match reality...

You now decide to go through that abyss again?

Curry will not be greater than Jordan, but only someone who is utterly steep[ed in hatred and became unhinged denies he's by far the best player and MVP right now.

Keep it real.

18. Rocket_Man_2.0

Curry will go down as the most overrated player ever. Lebron is true greatness..Curry is fake media hype. Tonight is a perfect example..He was sitting on the bench chewing gum looking dazed while the warriors bench was winning the game for him...but he'll get all the credit. I can't wait till Lebron exposes this fraud. The world will know who the true king is. Lebron is #1 Lebron is King and he'll prove it these finals! Lebron will be crowned not Stephen Curry!:rolleyes:

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah true greatness is someone who has to move from team to team and lobby to have certain players play with him:rolleyes:

20. Caesar

Caesar Member

WHAT? How is Curry changing the game? By being green lit to shoot more than 10 3's a game? A decade before, Reggie and Ray Allen were shooting 8 which is how many Klay shoots. By being green lit to shoot 3 or 4 steps behind the line and not get benched for it? Kobe and T-Mac were doing that a decade before also. Having the better efficiency doesn't mean he's changed the game.

The league has been trending upward in 3 pointers taken long before Curry was drafted into the NBA. If anything, the D'Anotni, Nash SUNS changed the game we see today. They changed the entire league to what it is today. What is Curry changing exactly?

Before that, this all because Michael left the league desperate to find another Jordan, so they opened up the floor and made it a perimeter players game so they have an easier time, thus helping a new Jordan come along. He changed the league to a perimeter players game since 2000.

Charles Barkley had a game changing rule implemented because of him - back to the basket rule.

KAJ had dunking banned in the NCAA.

Wilt Chamberlain changed tons of rules including banning dunking your free throws lol. Also the whole rule about waiting for the ball to leave the shooters hands on free throw lane violations was due to Wilt always getting his own rebound.

Mikan changed the rules to create goal tending and forced the NBA to widen the free throw lane.

So again, what exactly is Curry changing more than any player in history not named Chamberlain?