1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

stephen curry/harden smack?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OmegaSupreme, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Classic

Classic Member

Looking forward to their first round beat down via OKC.

2. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a52tCkF-gG8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

3. Classic

Classic Member

paging Steven Adams for round 1

do yo thang good sir; you got 6 fouls

4. SemisolidSnake

Said it before I could. Harden is a one-man wrecking crew. Can drive to the basket better than anyone in the game. Is knocking down the prettiest threes on the Rockets team, and knows exactly when to take them. Developed an ice-cold midrange jumper. Can assist his team to victory when his scoring's off. He has the FT% to back up a heavily-fouled style of play. Defensive energy and capability is much improved this year.

Total package.

Curry may have a pretty game, but that's because, as you said, he would be snapped in two if he tried to do a quarter of the things Harden does. I was hoping he was at least a nice guy, but it sounds like he's a little spoiled complainer. What's funny is that the last couple MVPs also play a total game and get a lot fouls because they can steamroll to the basket as well as shoot from outside. He's clearly talking about Harden, but I'd be interested to hear what Durant and Lebron think about little Stephy's comments, which could easily encompass them as well.

5. SemisolidSnake

Me too. OKC seems like the biggest unknown of the bunch. We know very what the Warriors can do, but OKC seems more like a wounded, cornered animal. I could see them just mauling the Warriors. I want to see it.

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

OKC will get swept without Durant and the breaking news is that Durant is out indefintely with a setback in his foot. Doubt he comes back this season.

7. koldlaser

koldlaser Member

You're a cyber bully man. I'm getting Ashley Judd on yall.

1 person likes this.
  8. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Curry will end up on his back every time he tries to drive in when we an if we play him in the playoffs!!

9. koldlaser

koldlaser Member

Why and what could any member of the Rockets have to say to a team that swept them in the regular season? The Rockets don't have enough credit in their account to make such a withdrawal against a team that imposed the most tax on them.

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

When I think MVP I think of Michael Jordan, and Hakeem...... I think of Tim Duncan and Kobe..... I think of great players that were different, they had a certain demeanor and poise for winning..... They could carry their team in overwhelming situations with no way out other than coming out victorious. They were hard working and every time they hit the ground they got back up again and kept playing.... I think MVP and cant connect that with Stephen Curry.... I just cant... Call me a Homer but Harden is the MVP this year and this shouldn't even be a discussion nor should it be close....

11. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

First off, great video to post here.

Solution to this moving pick. Dorsey comes in, Dorsey gets thrown out and Curry has to put on a mask for the rest of the game. Play never happens again.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Definitely moving picks

Rocket River

13. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Wow didn't know Curry would go so low, though we should not judge, Harden has his tactics as well though this is really sneaky.

14. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/tigercranestyle">@tigercranestyle</a> was asked about Kerr's comments that opposing teams using two hands and being more physical guarding Curry</p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/579020663689596928">March 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

so kerr complaining on curry's behalf and curry himself not resorting to other players' tactics?

i dunno. :confused:

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Because they're arrogant. Which is fine if/when they win a title. For now, they're a team coming off a first round loss. Also, I hate the way the media sucks up to them so much.

And this is just with regard to the Rockets, but in that first game in Oakland where we had a 4th quarter lead before losing, the Warriors got away with murder in the paint on defense. I can't stand teams that are allowed to play more physically than their opponents simply based on their rep or record(see the Spurs last year vs. the Blazers compared to the Rockets in the previous round).

16. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

Was too until i heard the news today about Durant. sounds like he might not be back this season at all.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed . . . At least call it fair or the same on both ends

Rocket River

18. SunsRocketsfan

OKC is not going to beat the Warriors this year.

Don't know about you guys but I love watching Curry play. He's simply amazing

19. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

wow that's ****ed ****.

20. MystikArkitect

For a team that claims to only let their game do the talking...

...they sure do a lot of talking.