1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith says he's never heard of Chandler Parsons. Ever.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 17, 2012.

1. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

I guess it's OK for him to say that now that Lin isn't stealing Melo's spotlight.

2. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

What an idiot he is!

3. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

What pisses me off about that is Stephen A Smith keeps saying that Lin left NY for the money, and also he keeps saying Lin didn't want to suit up against the Heat in the playoffs because he was 85% ready.

Is Stephen A Smith that stupid? God Lin said it plenty of times that he was 85% to being healthy, which means, he's not there yet. Lin's doctor stated that Lin would be able to get back onto court which was weeks after the Knicks lost of the Heat. Plus, Lin was still a young rookie, what chances would he have going against the Champs and risking a more serious injury. If his Boyfriend Melo couldn't beat the Heat, how would an recovering knee injury rookie Lin beat the Heat?

Its so r****ded. Its not that hard. The Knicks told Lin to go find his value on the market so he did what was asked of him to do and he signs with the Rockets and the Knicks decided not to match. How the hell is he supposed to know that when the dumbass Knicks said they will match up to a billion? It wasn't like that was all controversial or anything. The Knicks shot themselves in the foot. Its stupid how Stephen Ass Smith blames Lin even though its clear as day that the Knicks were the one that screwed themselves.

4. novaman

novaman Member

I'm shocked. Talk about flip flopping. Up to this point all he ever said was JLin was a MARGINAL player, a CAREER BACKUP at best.

5. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

^^ I remember fans and media at that time saying stuff like that, if he's 85% then he can bring the ball up and pass it to Melo, is that too much to ask of him?

I mean, how stupid can you be? If that's all you want, then Bibby or Toney or JR all could have done that. And they act like Lin could just pass the ball to Melo and then what? Leave the court and let them play 4 vs 5? He'd be a liability out there if he couldn't play.

Of course Shumpert and Baron Davis getting terrible injuries didn't make Lin look better PR wise.

6. Prince

Prince Member

can't waiti to see him on SNL.

7. ada32

ada32 Member

I am not shocked at all. There are a few LOHs here with the same opinion.

8. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Stephen A. only heard the black players, but Parsons is a white. Seriously, this big mouth dude has no enough IQ to talk intelligent things, but ESPN needs this kind of person.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Parsons made the All Rookie Second team.

but I agree with you 100%. I think he was feigning ignorance as another poster stated.

but in a lockout shortened season, I wouldn't be surprised if casual NBA fans didn't recognize a rising rookie from Houston named Chandler Parsons.

there wasn't much hype surrounding many of last year's rookie class outside their perspective markets...

it is inexcusable for a national sports broadcaster however to feign ignorance like that to play towards the east coast media bias. he makes himself look like an ass.

this also reminds me that Jeremy Lin is still a sophomore in my eyes. he appeared in 39 games spanned over two seasons (averaging 9.5 minutes off the bench before his Linsanity run of 25 starts) . so that's 64 games over two seasons and now 24 starts with Houston= 88 NBA games he has appeared in.

he basically has one full year of NBA experience underneath him now...

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Sorry, but race does have a little something to do with it.

SAS isn't dumb, he just thinks he knows his audience: loud NYers. In the NY basketball community, this means a lot of races, first among them African-American. So SAS plays it brash and Rucker-Park style trash-talk.

Funny to watch SAS backpedal a bit on Lin, though. Maybe someone gave him a phone call. Or maybe he didn't like the taste of crow when Lin put up 22 pts and 8 dimes on his Knicks.

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I have to agree with this sentiment.

I don't think SAS is a blatant racist, but I do think he holds a lot of stereotypical views.

Overall, just a dumbass in general.

12. peter2012

peter2012 Member

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i dont not like this guy. and i do not like the knicks anymore. even after living in nyc for a few years. seriously F' em.

14. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

He also said James Harden has HOF potential.

15. alethios

alethios Member

Harden Only Fan potential? Not on this fan site!

...lol, j/k - he is definitely future Hall of Fame material

16. alethios

alethios Member

Agreed, he thinks people are impressed by his hyperbole. He's one of the few truly narcissistic sports commentators still working.

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You're only saying he's dumb because he's black.

1 person likes this.
  18. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Did anyone get the feeling he was kidding? I think he knows who he was, but was just mocking the fact he isn't a well known player in NBA.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

He isn't dumb. But I do think he's black.

Let me go wikipedia him....

20. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

Because the sad reality is Stephen A has shown himself to be a racist time and time again. He savors the sausages of every black player in the league but can't be bothered to know who is in the starting five.

He isn't just a dumb ass; he is a dumb ass racist.