1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stephen A. Smith] Rockets trying to get Kevin Love or Tristan Thompson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Yordan, Feb 6, 2020.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

same as just how clueless people are as to why would a fan forum is supposed to have higher standards on cap knowledge than ESPN

#61 vlaurelio, Feb 6, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  2. bmd

bmd Member

It’s possible we would be Love’s first choice in a buyout.

1. We have a legit need for him.

2. The fit makes sense.

3. We are a contender.

4. Westbrook and Love are boys and I’m sure they’d love to play together again.

Ramo$e likes this.
  3. Newlin

Newlin Member

Stephen A didn’t really say we were trying to get Love or Thompson. He said he heard that Morey was going to make a move before the trade deadline. He threw out a couple of well known names, but he didn’t seem to be saying that he knew that Morey was specifically going after those players. He seemed to be just running his mouth.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Can't wait til the deadline has come and gone.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He has sources, just not FO sources so that's why he's wrong as they are usually the ones making deals like this.

But if SAS says tomorrow that Giannis, for example, is leaving the Bucks, believe it, because SAS talks to the players and heard it from a player.

Nook and YOLO like this.
  6. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

ummmmm

[​IMG]

D-rock and Invisible Fan like this.
  7. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I don't doubt that he has some legit relationships with players but it's impossible to distinguish when he's saying something he's actually heard and when he's just making something up to generate buzz for ESPN. If I remember correctly, he's the one who started the LeBron to Golden State rumors and then all the other ESPN muppets spent several days discussing it on TV even though no other source ever mentioned it. It doesn't matter how much somebody knows, if they're perfectly willing to lie and make things up all their information becomes unreliable.

JayGoogle likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Well now there are reports that Tristan will not accept a buyout...... and that his agency has never approved of a buyout.

Personally I am fine with it because I do not believe he would come to Houston anyway.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So the insider from the Hawks forum just posted this less than an hour ago. I still don't see how it's possible with the salaries but I guess that buyout market is gonna be poppinnnnn

khloe.JPG

D-rock likes this.
  10. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I was skeptical he would come here as well so am low-key relieved that he won't take a buyout.

The Rockets don't have a lot of room to operate to bring back a player, even a wing. They can bring back $3.6M in salary basically, that's it.

Maybe Taurean Prince if he's even available? There's just not many wings out there in the salary range that we have.

D-rock and Nook like this.
  12. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

The has been the legit reason why I have always hated Kevin Love. Same with Tyson Chandler and him getting into it with Rafer Alston when Tyson played for New Orleans. I forgave him this season.

htwnbandit and D-rock like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

What I was told a week ago was that they were targeting guys on the tail end of their rookie contracts.

There are some wings out there like Hutchinson in Chicago but I agree with you that there certainly isn't a glut of them.

There are a glut of centers if the Rockets are just looking for someone to play 15 minutes a night.

D-rock likes this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Have you actually watched the dude play this year? He's old and slow. Those injuries have taken a toll.

Love is still a serviceable player, but he's absolutely not worth that contract. $30M/year for the next FOUR YEARS?!? That's a hard pass from me. Let's wait until 2022 when we can get him on the buyout market for peanuts.

Os Trigonum and D-rock like this.
  15. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

We got to a point where Kevin Love would actually be an upgrade on Rim Protection.

I was a soft NO before, now, all bets are off!

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't like Love. But he works here because he rebounds and would create space in the paint for Russ' inefficient ass.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

FWIW Tristan would have to change his number to play here...I don't think Harden is giving up #13. Though Netsinsider referenced a player being traded here having to change his number. TT seems like buyout only at this point

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No chance Kevin Love gets traded here, and I can’t imagine a buyout of that size.

baller4life315 and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is going from bad to worse.

20. gogispade

gogispade Member

Imagine the scenario behind this.. MDA was promised if team not doing good around allstar break he can create his own roster. WB to CLE for Love and MDA gets his new age Amare.

DM&Fertita : "if you win it all, you get extension. Else, bye bye.