1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith-Harden disheartened

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmacfor35, May 18, 2015.

1. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ptmNDTcMw08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Agreed. Didn't the Rox score 40 points in the fourth quarter of game six? That ball doesn't go through the hoop by itself, even against the Clippers.

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

One of the funniest parts was Skip saying he doesn't trust Dwight "at this stage", as if this is the furthest Dwight has ever gotten in his career. Skip is a buffoon. Stephen A Smith was much more level headed.

4. Nero

Nero Member

Lol Skip is such a pathetic ass-clown.

5. rocks123

rocks123 Member

well if that's true then we're lucky. Harden hasn't play his best game yet and still we're in the WCF. we all saw how confident and focus this team is right now. We are ready to take that WCF Title. We are the one that we'll break that Warrior's heart.

6. SemisolidSnake

I hope those statements from sources (that's, of course, assuming they're accurate) are from early in the Clippers series. I don't want Harden going out there sulking or trying to prove anything or whatever. I want the Rockets to play team ball and do what's best in any particular situation. McHale sat Harden for the fourth quarter of the unbelievable Game 6 comeback. It turned out to be the best move for the team. I hope James realizes after this past series that what's done is done, and the goal is not for Harden to out-MVP Curry. The goal is for the Rockets to win four games against the Warriors however it happens.

That said, Curry's like a ballet dancer, and Harden's like a truck. I wouldn't mind seeing just one solid (non-intentional) collision between those two on the court.

7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Am I missing something? Maybe it's disappointing that Harden hasn't gone crazy, super-saiyan, playoffs MVP this post-season, but his post-season stats are fairly similar to his regular season MVP-calibre stats. Is it that his defense has been bad? It was embarrassing when Rivers (F'in Rivers!?) mocked him, but Harden got his revenge in end. Not sure why this narrative exist that he has just disappeared and choked in the playoffs.

I'm guessing it's a combination of:
    1- people are disappointed he didn't put up crazy high, NBA playoff villain numbers
    2- He didn't play in game 6 comeback
    3- While Harden is playing average by his standards (still pretty high) Howard has been raising his own bar

1 person likes this.
  8. ApuN

ApuN Member

Don't fall for this "moping-over-mvp-sh**".

The Clippers have been best at putting a chokehold on Harden since hes been a Rocket - mainly because of Redick being underrated defensively and Jordan in the paint.

Under McHale, the Rockets have had a hard time focusing in the playoffs period.

Remember, the Rockets went down 0-2 with home court last year against the Blazers and Harden wasn't even in the MVP conversation.

9. rocketseagles07

This is where I can see you're clearly hating. Stephen A. said there was a strong possibility that Bron goes back to Cleveland before ANYONE did. His sources are golden because unlike a lot of these guys hearing chatter he's friends with a lot of his sources/players. If you don't like him just say you don't like him lol

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Right. Even Skip has his sources (mainly football and Dallas at that), but SAS as real NBA sources. Folks trying to discredit him are just being foolish.

11. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

SAS is about the only dude who thinks HOU stands a chance and could go 7 depending on Howard dominating

12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

People are stuck on stories they make up in their minds. The best redemption for anything is winning. The result that he contributed to our advancement by playing and NOT playing is phenomenal. He will play much more relaxed I think in the next series. This is a new team since game 5. You can sense it.

13. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

This how you respond when they give the paper champ the MVP award and you are the runner up and you meet him in the Western Conference Finals. You show them why they voted wrong, you show them who the REAL MVP is, man up James......

[Youtube]hW4uXlRGAF0[/youtube]

1 person likes this.
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Harden will try to dominate curry.... I say starter brewer and have him torment the other team. Have Pablo and jet come off the bench and run harden at pg.

15. 34to11

34to11 Member

Wilbon is the source of this crock.
    He began saying it shortly after the award was announced based solely on his own speculation.
    He has been pushing the narrative almost daily since, even after Harden's spectacular game 5 and stellar game 7.
    I was wondering when it would take root in the ESPN spin machine.

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I thought it was obvious I didn't like him when I said people quoting him should be BAN. That wasn't clear?

What is his source for this? Harden called him and pouted about not being MVP? Logically Harden is the only one who could be the source. Is that what you are telling me happened?

Or did he just make some **** up, knowing that people like you would eat it up, and that the truth is irrelevant.