1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith-Harden disheartened

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmacfor35, May 18, 2015.

1. izeroi

izeroi Member

Can't stand Skip. Every single show when Smith is talking all you can hear is Skip sniffling and sighing in the background every few seconds.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Just stop it. He pulls all of this right out of his ass and makes everything vague so as to never be pinned down. At best it is conjecture based on insignificant realities. They have a clown show.

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Look for Harden to drive more against Bogut though. Underrated defensively but not a block maching like Deandre.

4. ibm

ibm Member

'a clearly inferior houston team'? i stopped listening right there. was listening to kill time anyway.

espn my arse.

5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Jordan isn't that good of a defender, there is a reason other teams score a good percentage against him in the paint

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If Harden wins here . . . .. . . . . . all he has to say is

"I am just relishing the chance to try to be the best player on the best team by winning a NBA Championship. This is opportunity is great. "

Rocket River

7. hakeemthagreat

Racist??? Against who?? Lol. I get we don't like the guy, but racist? He's still a flip flopper and idiot

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I was stating absurd things he says in a loud voice to get attention. He called Chip Kelly a racist.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Would there be a headline about Harden being "disheartened" if his last name wasn't homonymous with "hearten"?

Unless his name was James Poynt (disappointed) or James Cette (upset) this probably wouldn't be a story.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It really doesn't matter.

I'm sure there is some truth to it, that he's disappointed that he didn't win MVP. But so what? Is he supposed to be happy about not winning it? Is he supposed to call a press conference to talk up Curry? What is he supposed to do?

I'm sure there was a game or two where it sunk in that he didn't win...that he wasn't good enough. He's self doubted himself before...but after that series and with the "MVP" right in front of him. Time for him to prove a point.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Well, if he was sad about the news (meaning he thought he should have been MVP), now is his chance to prove the voters that they got it wrong.

12. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

You know, I'm used to all the LA nut hugging at this point, but it really sucks that not once in this long winded pointless discussion did they recognize that the Rockets played two incredible games. You could have put the Jordan Bulls in front of us on Friday and Sunday and we would've won. Framing this whole thing as a collapse on the Clippers part really takes away from how well this team played.

13. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Here here. Yes the Clippers did collapse but the Rockets had already turned up the D and did have a monumental 4th quarter scoring the ball.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I agree, Harden was hurt by that. Now he's recovered from the hurt and has something to prove!

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

So let me get this right. The Clippers beat the Rockets in the first 4 games because the Clippers were legitimately better and more talented and the Rockets were in a funk because Harden didn't win MVP. Then, the Clippers lost the last 3 games because they choked. Got it. Love this #narrative.

1 person likes this.
  16. J Hard

J Hard Member

You didn't watch that first game I suppose. By his standards he absolutely played subpar, JVG corroborates that statement.

17. SORF

SORF Member

A couple hours prior to the first Rockets/Clippers game the NBA announced the winner of the MVP. Yes, that first game Harden and the rest of the team were down...not just Harden. They all felt the snub of only 25% voting for Harden as their first choice of MVP.
    The NBA should have announced Curry as the winner before one of their games, not before our game. I can't fault the Rockets showing no game on that first game. When you receive bad news, you are initially upset...then later when the bad news sets in, you get mad. The Rockets never had the time before the game to get mad...they were still in the disappointment phase.
    NBA gave the win to the Clippers in the first game...and it ticked me off.
    But now, everything is on a clean slate...a new series. And I'm expecting Harden to send a statement that the voters were wrong.

18. lovermanbuda

lovermanbuda Member

I try not to get upset with the media about the Rockets because I know we're not gonna get a fair shake. It's fair to say that we're predictable but like Stephen said that's not a bad thing. This can be argued but who was more predictable than Stockton and Malone? That pick-n-roll was coming and it was difficult to stop similar to Harden and Howard's pick-n-roll. Superstar players has their "go to moves," Dream had the dream shake, Harden has the "step back" so I'm not overly concern bout being predictable. The question really is CAN YOU STOP ME?

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Harden's performance in the beginning of the LAC series was pulled down by the poor shoooting of our wing players. Made it easier to zone him out.

Sure, I expected Harden as our leader to play better so he could lift his teammates' confidence. I'm sure during those Game 3 and 4 blowouts, the POR series loss flashbacked into his mind. He looked forlorn on the bench. He was the one thinking "Maybe next year."

When his teammates found a way to win Game 6, I realized we do have a team around Harden. In Game 7, the Clippers had to defend Ariza, Brewer, Terry, Prigs. That opened up the attack of Harden as well.

20. RocketRed4life

This!