1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith: "Durant will not stay in GS"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Elephant810, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If Katy comes here, we'll name a city after him....

...no way he'll come here if he b****es out again. Probably rip a page in Bron's book after slide over to the easy east.

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

If CP3's age doesn't hinder his abilities next season, we would be regressing if we make that move.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Meh, nothing to see here.

I do believe that Kevin Durant will not stay in Golden State for the duration of his career. I do believe at some point in the future, within the next couple of years maybe even I do believe he'll leave. I do believe there will come a moment in time when he'll say goodbye and he wants to go some place else now that he has a couple of rings, doesn't have anything to prove in that regard anymore.

If we're going to go that route & talk about the things we're talking about, then let me go a step further and say he's not as honest as everyone thinks he is in terms of this particular statement. Here's what he didn't say: I left OKC because I didn't believe I could win. I didn't believe I could win with Russell Westbrook. Call a spade a spade. He probably doesn't want to go that direct, might be flagrantly disrespectful but basically, that's what this comes down to. You go to Golden State, you're not the engine behind that. We all understand that. You're gonna be one of the major cogs but still in all, it's a collection of parts that comes together to win a championship as opposed to you being that alpha dog. By going to Golden State, you win a championship without having to have the responsibility that was emotionally placed on your shoulders when you were at OKC.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And maybe he'll live in Katy! :confused::D

(damn phones!)

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The only we can create "max" cap space is to renounce all of our free agents, including CP3, Capela, Ariza, Luc, etc. That would create about $18 million. We could outright sign Durant at that point to $18 million if he wanted to take a paycut. We could up that number to over $30 million if someone would absorb Ryno which would get us to over $30 million.

We'd then have the room exception ($4 million approx) to sign free agents plus the veterans minimum.

It's doable, but still face the hurdle of moving Ryno AND you let go of all of your free agents.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We would evacuate a place for him.

FLASH21 and Deckard like this.
  7. justtxyank

Man, lock this up. This was a very misleading thread.
    does NOT equal

photojoe, RyanB, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  8. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Can't go wrong with either but I think KD would be a better fit w/ Harden. They have history and KD has proven he can defer in GS. The thing that worries me a little about Bron joining the Rox is the ego factor. This is Harden's team, but Bron's league... could create a potential conflict of interest. KD is also younger and a much better shooter.

RyanB likes this.
  9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Naw don’t leave now that we get lebron you little.....

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

He ain’t leaving after this year anyway they going to try to 3 peat.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Durant gonna try and redeem himself in OKC? I doubt it.

Maybe Harden does speak Parseltongue...

12. justtxyank

The better question is "who would you rather have? Harden, Cp3, Lebron, Capela, Ariza and Luc or Harden, Durant and whoever will sign for the minimum and one free agent at $4 million."

13. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Okay that makes sense...basically there's no way in hell he's coming here. But yeah he should have signed here when he had the chance. His rep wouldn't have taken a hit and he would have been happier. Something about the dynamic between him and the rest of the Warriors seems off. He had real chemistry with Harden and would have won a ship here barring injuries..

14. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

In that case.....Bron Bron!

RyanB likes this.
  15. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

KD is not leaving GSW unless they low ball him on money or GSW is breaking the core. Which neither would happen.

You guys are given too much credit to KD.
    Why would he go to Houston or anywhere else? He's a free loader. He joined a super team who already won a NBA title. If he is anything u guys said he is then he would still be in OKC.

He doesn't want to work hard. He just want the easy way out.

RyanB, bballjunkie and amaru like this.
  16. mockster

mockster Member

Tbh he may very well leave. He pays attention to the media, I think he knows to an extent he pulled a b**** move. He prolly does not want to live with “you has to join 3 stars, mvp and a championship team to get a ring”

It only stings worse because it’s the reality tbh, idk how you can sugar coat it in any other way.

RyanB likes this.
  17. amaru

amaru Member

Nope. He’s staying

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

KD isn’t leaving GS this summer, so there’s nothing to discuss

RyanB likes this.
  19. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Lebron all day and everyday.

RyanB likes this.
  20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Please. Durant isn't going anywhere. He'll wanna get paid by the Warriors, so no more 25-26 mil "discount". But unless that organization is dumb enough to lowball him this summer, he'll resign for 4-5 years. Remember, he broke his foot 4 years ago. He's been healthy ever since, but you don't pass up 9 figure contracts when they're available.

As for the Rockets, we're not getting Durant, so don't even go there. The reason Durant leaving the Warriors would be such big news to us is it immediately makes us the favorite to win it all(barring him signing somewhere like Boston).

RyanB likes this.