1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith "CARMELO ANTHONY NEEDS TO BE STARTING!!!"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 18, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

I’m just cringing at the idea that this is going to be a horrible distraction all year long. While a player is selfishly whining and worried about a role, the team he is on is working to get back to the wcf for another chance at the champs. All while trying to get that elite defense back somehow. All while trying to fit Ennis and other peices in somehow. All while adjusting to life without their defensive coach. As if there isn’t enough to worry about

BigShasta, Reeko and snowconeman22 like this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think we just have to pray that our lockeroom is strong enough to put him in his place. Would CP3 or MDA have OK'd him coming here if they didnt think they could manage him ? Also , i think worst comes to worst .... Morey and Tillman take matters into their own hands and just cut him. The rockets are in a position of power.

No one outside of SAS is gonna give the rockets a bad rap if they do decide to cut ties .... Melo's stock was bottoming out when he came here , he doesnt have the capital to make houston look bad. In fact, how bad does it look for Melo if we cut him . He has the most to gain and the most to lose. If he isnt too stupid to figure that out ... we should be ok

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Melo wants to win, but only if it’s on his terms

now we’re talking about giving him token starts in order to placate his ego

snowconeman22 likes this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I dont think it will happen. If it does, i will lose respect for the organization. I understand its a players league ... and sometimes you have to let superstars ram you up the ass.... but bending over backwards for a player of Melo's caliber isnt right.

Reeko likes this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

No team with championship aspirations should be giving significant minutes to Melo, especially in the playoffs.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

GS will pick him apart so easily...I see him giving up backdoor layups all game, losing track of his man and giving up wide open threes, and getting worked 1 on 1 when they try to switch him onto Curry or KD...and his offense is not good enough to make up for all that

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Man,a lot of these guys are divas - its just a matter of to what extent... and typically the higher the level they've been at - the harder it is to get them to realize... heck, we had to suffer through watching Hakeem spend a season in a Raptors jersey bc he wasnt willing to accept his diminishing abilities....
    I'm not saying I agree with it all - but it is what it is...
    In this day and age it's all about managing egos...
    Again I mention Ryan Anderson... look at how that dudes confidence got shook and he turned to crap... you gotta manage these guys psyches...

A little over a year ago we were willing to give up assets to pay Melo 23M/yr... well, we got him in what would have been the last year of that contract - we didn't have to give up anything - and we aint paying him 23M... maybe we can afford to do a little placating....

#47 kjayp, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  8. kevtse

kevtse Member

He really hate the Rockets that much? He wants us to get 0-82?

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

No he really doesn't but those who thought MCW and Ennis were going to be good enough to cover for the loss of Ariza and Luc are definitely delusional. MCW was open for so many shots and couldn't hit "the wide open 3's" that Morey claimed he would be able to. Melo replaces Ryan Anderson and that redonkulous contract. Anyone who doesn't think Melo is better than Ryan Anderson is delusional. Marquis Chris MCW ennis brandon knight were to replace Ariza and Luc. So far one doesn't have working legs, one is dumber than a bucket of rocks, one lacks the leadership and experience, and the other can't hit anything besides driving to the hole. That's a bigger issue than a player we got for 2.4 million who we knew was a defensive liability and was only going to replace the one guy we were never really going to play anyways in Ryno. Melo is making almost the same amount as Blake Griffin's baby momma! The blame goes to Bzdelick for quitting right before the season started. That to me is no different than any management quitting without proper notice and allowing an organization to find a proper replacement. F him for that move unless someone in his family or he himself is ill. We obviously need a defensive VET at the 3. We also know Roy Rodgers doesn't have the influence or experience a guy like Bzdelick had.

kjayp likes this.
  10. BackdoorHarden

Don't forget to watch BE REAL premier tomorrow 10/19/2018

Starring Carmelo

Executive Proder: Carmelo

BE REAL

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really overreacting up in this piece, especially concerning Melo's defense. He was starting on one of the best defenses in the NBA literally a few months ago. He is our 7th man, relax.

12. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Sam Cassell didn't start, and he ruled.

You don't need to be in the starting lineup to show everyone what you can do for your team.

tinman, daywalker02, Blatz and 2 others like this.
  13. tc0330

tc0330 Member

at least hes better than anderson tho.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

definitely something to keep an eye on...Harden and Melo on the floor together could be defensive suicide

YOLO, Deuce and justtxyank like this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Could be? COULD BE?

Against a team like the Pelicans it will be for sure. Not every team can run action that gets their bigs flying through the paint faster than we can rotate guys who are slow switchers but the Pelicans surely can.

16. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

Melo is the reason why the Astros lost

Snow Villiers likes this.
  17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Predictable

18. Ray Parker

Ray Parker Member

He is better than Ennis but I'm leaning more towards Gordon starting for D purposes.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder if a conflict between Melo and the team will affect Chris Paul's performance.

20. BigBum

BigBum Member

I have said this a few times.

Melo is not an effective scorer as a bench. He needs to start the game. As time goes by, he will turn out to be a trash player as a bench.

MDA, please start Melo!!

BigShasta likes this.