1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen. A. Smith.: BOSH THROWS MONKEY WRENCH IN STAR TRIO, WORKING ON S&T WITH HOU

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Which is why Morey has been stockpiling them!
    :D

Bosh's options are
    Play 3rd fiddle to LeBron and Wade and Maybe win some championships
    but take less money
    or
    Play 2nd or maybe even 1b fiddle to Yao and maybe win some championships
    with max money and an new international profile

I know where I would be

Rocket River

2. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

I really don't know how the salaries work out, but it's been mentioned that Miami is willing to offer Chalmers and Beasley in a SnT with Toronto.

3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

4. anon3803

anon3803 Member

Stephen A. Smith has broken a few big stories, . . . but this isn't a story . . . we shouldn't be getting this excited.

If he came out and said a deal is just about done for Bosh to Houston, I'd believe him. Saying that Houston and Toronto are in talks and Bosh is leaning towards Houston . . . that means nothing to me. Just speculation by Stephen A. Smith.

5. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

If the Knicks masterplan comes true, then those are worthless picks the Rockets got.

But if it is Amare, Johnson only in NY, then next year's NY pick should be nice. ;)

I hope the "DM" plan comes true and it's Bosh/Yao/Markin/AB and a SF to be names later. Perhaps a ;) ;) deal where Battier gets bought out and comes back.

Whatever the result, you can at least say the Rockets were in the hunt and $$ talks (laughly).

6. RedRaiderRocket

Dear God,

If Stephen A Smith is right about this and the Rockets do get Bosh I will never mention one negative thing about him again.

-Amen

7. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

lol, I don't think Bosh can do as much for this team as t-mac did in 04-05 or what tracy could do for this team in the playoffs for that matter.

Bosh is definitely welcome on this roster but the potential for the Bosh & Yao duo is not nearly as great as the Tracy & Yao Duo. The only difference is we'd surround Bosh and Yao with a really good team with players like Martin, Brooks, and Scola.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

In effect, what he's saying is that Lebron will be screwed into staying in Cleveland. At least that's how I took it. By screwed, I mean, that, the whole point of Lebron possibly leaving is so that he would have a better shot at a championship.

If Amare and Johnson end up in NY, and Wade ends up in Chicago (that would be a very good team), then essentially, Cleveland now has up to four teams better than it in the Eastern Conference. (Orlando, Chicago, New York, and possibly Boston)

If Lebron wants any chance at winning a title in the next few years, he essentially HAS to sign with at least one of the other big name free agents (in New York, Miami, or Chicago). This is the reasoning as to why it would be kind of dumb for Lebron to re-up with Cleveland.

Of course, he could always go to the Clippers, so he would have less teams to compete with....(I don't know if that's necessarily true, though)

This free agency period is bittersweet in that there is going to be more competition at the top, both between interconference teams and finals-type series, but it's bad because I think there is going to be a large gap between the top five playoff teams, and everyone else.

As it looks to be shaping up, the big losers could end up being Lebron and the Miami Heat...

9. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

No news is good news.

http://twitter.com/stein_line_HQ

Wade: "It's going to take weekend for everyone to think about what they want to do. This is not an easy decision to make."

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think Bosh would be #1 here, even with Yao healthy.

Looks like this is coming down to cold, hard cash, though. Why should he take less than LeBron or Wade? He thinks he can be a lead dog.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Hopefully he realizes that and competes with Bosh to move to Houston. :cool:

12. Two Sandwiches

I think our small forward has already been named. Patrick Patterson. I think the Rockets are convinced that he can start next year for them....

For him, I see it this way:

Worst Case: Carl Landry

Best Case: Gerald Wallace

13. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Please let it be LBJ............

14. G-Money

G-Money Member

Come on now...be realistic.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

If Bosh would sign and trade here, we could make a go at Lebron as well.

Lets say Bosh costs us a 2012 first rounder+Jeffries+Hill

Then trade Patterson+Budinger+2011 first rounder+Ariza+Andersen+Johnson for Lebron.

Yao/Miller
    Bosh/Scola
    Lebron/Battier
    Martin/Taylor
    Brooks/Lowry

Wins a ring.

16. opticon

opticon Member

I have been hearing that Chris Bosh has suspect knees. I think Chris knows that in six years his knees could give out the same way Tracy's did. The last thing he wants to be is 31 with bad knees trying to get another contract.

If he does a sign and trade for the 6 year max he is 32 coming coming off a extra year of a max deal.

If I where him I know what I would do.

17. 757

757 Member

The only problem with that is PP is not really a 3. Like Landry, he's an undersized (short) 4, similar to Elton Brand as well.

18. Two Sandwiches

Why don't you think I'm being realistic?

Bookmark this post and bring it back up three years from now...

19. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

What a r****ded thing to say. We were +10 at midseason without Yao and Tmac. And then we had the injury bug and started losing. Lowry, Ariza nad Battier at some point and time were all injured. And then we made a huge trade and anybody who knows basketball, knows teams struggle after new players come in almost always take time to adjust. We didn't just trade for one new player. We added Martin, Hill, Jeffries, Armstrong... That's a whole lot of adjustment. And still even after all of that we ended the season plus 500.

Bosh will make us a better team. But without injuries and major trades we would have made the playoffs last year and we are definitely a better team now than last year. And with Yao and Bosh LA should be looking behind their backs.

#119 Old Man Rock, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  20. Chamillionaire

this just looks too right if there ever was a such a thing. if we don't end up paying for scola, and getting bosh in return, i'm loving this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.