1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen. A. Smith.: BOSH THROWS MONKEY WRENCH IN STAR TRIO, WORKING ON S&T WITH HOU

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuan

Tuan Member

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Well, the Raptors slowly losing interest in helping out Bosh should light a fire under his ass...definitely puts pressure on him to make a decision one way or the other.

3. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Could be. Or they could just be spreading this info to wheedle more out of somebody. I can't believe the Raptors would prefer letting Bosh go for nothing over getting some young prospects and draft picks for him.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Yeah, no doubt its a good strategy for the Raptors...but at the same time, if teams dont offer them something decent, there is no reason for them to make a trade. Regardless of what they decide, the Raptors will be rebuilding...doesnt make sense to take on contracts or players that they dont think will be a part of that process.

5. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Yeah I ajust trying tgree.

I think toronto is just trying to get more for Bosh.

--RB

6. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Fixed... :eek:

--RB

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

It's incredible how stupid some of these professional reporters are. Yes, I'm sure someone told JA Adande that the Raptors aren't interested in a sign and trade. However, anyone who thinks Toronto would truly prefer to lose Bosh for nothing - even if they don't like available veterans, they can at least get a trade exception and picks - is insane.

Toronto can play the game just like the players and agents. If Bosh's agent isn't giving Toronto quality S&T scenarios, the best way the Raptors can get them to "shape up" is to threaten to walk away from the table and take away that sixth year/$30 million. It's a threat, just like everything else. Unfortunately, Adande is stupid enough to buy it without even mentioning the context.

1 person likes this.
  8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Hey, the reporters have to get something up on their blogs to get people reading. I don't disagree that Adande probably could have included a little more context, though. This isn't exactly the first free agency he's covered.

1 person likes this.
  9. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

Yes, this would seem to have the effect of weakening Chicago's efforts to sign James & Wade directly & Bosh through sign-and-trade. Obviously, also puts pressure on Bosh and his prospective SnT partners to sweeten the offer or to hurry up & sign.

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Yeah, I agree - if you have a source telling you that, it's definitely a story. The key is that a good journalist uses his perspective and places it in the context of reality for readers. If what your source tells you flies completely in the face of common sense AND the source has a clear motivation to lie, you should (nicely) find a way to point that out. :)

To make an outright, declarative, "done deal" statement like this is just stupid, and unfortunately the masses will fall for it until Bosh says otherwise.

11. DaneB

DaneB Member

Do they ever have anything completely in context? Im sure that we can put something together that Toronto would like...

12. Htownplaya94

Htownplaya94 Member

How did this slip so far down?

13. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

14. Alexander03

Alexander03 New Member

This is coming from Stephen A. Smith himself. This explains why the information is so limited; even LeBron and Dwyane don't know what they are going to do.

As everyone knows, I reported last week on my morning drive show on Fox Sports Radio that LeBron James would join Dwayne Wade in Miami and take Chris Bosh with him to join the Heat. At the moment, that is still very possible, but there’s been a potentially huge monkey wrench thrown into the equation — with (understandable) greed on the part of Bosh being the main culprit.
    So listen up. Here’s the breakdown:
    All along, Pat Riley’s plan as President of the Heat was to convince Wade to take a paycut and offer all three (Wade, LeBron and Bosh) deals averaging approximately $15.7 mil….with opt-outs after three years. But since Bosh wants the max at all cost (and he’s trying to get it in a sign-and-trade deal with Houston), it changed the game for everyone. Especially Miami and New York.
    Suddenly, the Knicks jumped into the fray yesterday and offered the same options to Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudamire and LeBron. Despite expecting a max offer from the Atlanta Hawks, it’s believed Johnson is considering the Knicks just for the opportunity to play in New York with LeBron. Stoudamire will do the same if LeBron comes to NY, but both will settle for no less than max dollars if James elects NOT to come to NY — which brings us back to KING JAMES.
    The good news for LeBron is that he has the option of choosing any team he wants to play for. The bad news is that D-Wade will be pushing for him to make a decision quickly. Otherwise D-Wade may make it for LeBron James, himself.
    If D-Wade elects to stop waiting for LeBron to commit to Miami — or becomes convinced it’s not going to work out because of Bosh’ reluctance to settle for less than the Max — then he’ll have the choice of committing to Chicago (where his two children can be close to both parents, since Wade’s soon-to-be ex lives in Chicago) or head to New York.
    Moreso, Wade can choose to leapfrog over Johnson and accept the deal in NY with LeBron and Stoudamire, join Johnson and Stoudamire in NY, or just head to the Bulls to play with Derrick Rose.
    Either way, it creates an uncomfortable dilemma for James.
    Even if The Chosen One wants to stay in Cleveland, how could he if D-Wade heads to NY with Stoudamire and possibly Johnson? Or if Wade elects to leave for Chicago, how could James stay in Cleveland with Wade/Rose/Joakim Noah in Chicago? Worse, how could James just stand pat knowing the NY Knicks would have Stoudamire and possibly Johnson — with a real possibility of getting Carmelo Anthony (who turned down a 3-year, $65-mil extension in Denver b/c he wants to come to NY next season) or Kevin Durant for the 2011 season?
    Even better: How can LeBron turn down NY when he could join Johnson and Stoudamire there next season, knowing the Knicks will still be able to get Carmelo in 2011 once Eddy Curry comes off their salary cap?
    LeBron may be the answer to everyone’s prayers, but he’s also the one with the biggest questions. Ironically, with all the moves being made, King James is the one individual in danger of making the wrong move, and paying dearly for it.
    Afterll, it may be about the money with everyone else. With James, it’s about a title….and his legacy.

Friday, July 2nd, 2010 at 10:34 pm
    by Stephen A.

15. DLRoxFan92

DLRoxFan92 Member

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f2N5Cpxzxu4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f2N5Cpxzxu4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

The Raptors = Asian Santa Claus
    Chris Bosh = Stewie

Damion

16. VanityHalfBlack

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I7rCNiiNPxA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I7rCNiiNPxA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Can i ask a question? Morey has gained some really good sign and trade options, but if he's going to go fishing, why not go with the big fish in James? Is it Cleveland won't accept players? My thinking is, if the rockets and cleveland does sign and trade with cleveland and offers the knicks picks and a few players. The cavs can look at it as high lotto picks because wade and bosh would probably go to chicago and amare and johnson to the knicks. Amare and johnson in ny are barely playoff teams with the rest of the cast to me. Maybe I'm being greedy,but bosh is 2nd rate, not a franchise max player to me.

18. Htown's2kFinest

this is what I'm thinking. Lebron should be our #1 target.

19. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Lebron simply does not want to come here. Same with Wade. The door is slightly open in Bosh's case though.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

never know with morey. all these media reports are worthless when it comes to a gm like morey. he seems to always pull something out of left field. who knows....maybe we will end up with lebron or chris paul or bosh or some combo of the top tier guys.

with respect to cleveland, they haven't put up the surrender lebron flag yet so they aren't even talking about a sign and trade or him leaving. i think if it does become completely apparent that he wants to leave then maybe we can work something out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.