1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stephen A. Smith] As of this morning, I am hearing Lakers are serious threat for Kawhi Leonard

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rasheed, Jun 28, 2019.

1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I’m going to be honest with you. Lebron doesn’t count to me. He exists in his own lane. Second and most important he is old. Look at every single one of the top 50 best players all time. Most retired by 35. Very Few were All Stars at that age.

2. TheRealAllpro

“The Lakers won’t be putting a Max Free Agent next to Anthony Davis and Lebron James- Woj”

You don’t know everything my guy.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

LOL in this vid, the lakers didn't have a max slot. fast forward nearly 3 weeks later umm what changed? Oh the lakers have a max slot available after a deal they just made 24 hrs ago

please keep up to date my guy. this is where your claim went out the window

ICYMI. its been pretty much front page news

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Bullshit

Also, not GARM

5. TheRealAllpro

Haha that’s exactly what I thought you would say. Bit, you said he didn’t say it. Proof 100 he did say it. F whatever past that. You said he didn’t say it. I just informed you he did.

6. UrbanEnterprise

Lakers odds went from +900 to +190 to acquire Kawhi

that Ayre guy is legit.

some of you owe me an apology

lionaire likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

what a stupid post lmao. thats the quality of where cf's has become these days. its pretty sad

apparently, woj one of the most respected and well known reporters out there is going to do this:

woj: the lakers are going to offer a max contract.
    the entire world: the lakers don't have max money
    woj: oops :rolleyes:

#127 YOLO, Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  8. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

So Lakers got $32mill and get kawhi or klay!!???

Why was CP3 max $40-44mill a year then!!???

I know CP3 has been in the league for awhile but I’m confused? @BimaThug if anyone that can break down. Thanks in advance.

We can’t even take back jayland brown $6mill?

9. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

The amount of the Max is based on years played. Like you said, Cp3 has been in the league for a while so that's why his Max started around 40 million yearly.

BimaThug likes this.
  10. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

He probably is but is he going to want to play 2nd or 3rd fiddle??? Doubt it.

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

He picked OKC over the Lakers, yes. That's the point.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

huh? your post said sign better players and they would be a contender. my reply was who was realistically going to sign with LA after lebron did that year in that FA class that would do so.

you said PG13. he does not fall under that category when he was not a realistic option. not sure how that became your point when it discredited it from the get go. he was never an option for LA after he was traded to okc

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

PG was extremely realistic. The Lakers had max cap room, and PG had ties to LA.

The larger point is whether the Lakers, with only minimum (should they sign Kawhi) salary slots left, would somehow be able to lure a different class of player for the minimum than other contenders. If players wanted LA that badly, to where they'd take severe discounts, then surely PG for basically the same money would have jumped at the opportunity.

14. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Even then you wouldn’t feel safe. You are one of the biggest pessimists on this board.

Mr Chuck Norris, sammy and J Sizzle like this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

And why do you think he’s leaving now? Why wouldn’t he just stay? If he goes to to the Nets or Knicks he will def have to carry. Seems to me like he wants to be the guy. There are def dudes that want to be the guy. And it’s been said Kawhi doesn’t want to be second fiddle to Lebron soo? You acting like being competitive and not stacking the deck is a dumb idea or something.

Well for one he never carried the spurs to a ring. But hey you might be right, no would could say anything to him cause he already did it with the Raptors. But I kinda have this feeling he wants to be the guy.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It’s a title I must consistently honor. Expect the worst at all times. You can never truly be disappointed in that case.

Vivi likes this.
  17. DVauthrin

No, it isn’t. The Raptors are still the betting favorites at -125, and the Lakers are now simply tied with the Clippers. It’s logical the Lakers odds would improve if they found an idiot team to free up enough cap space to offer Leonard a maximum contract. Which they did. Bookies haven’t even pushed them past the Clippers. That should tell you something, too. There’s also the fact Leonard signed an endorsement deal with a Canadian airline this week. I’m sure Canadians are itching to see ads featuring ex-Raptor Kawhi Leonard if he bolts for either Los Angeles team.

18. DVauthrin

You honor it quite well.

19. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Ka y u do dis?

20. UrbanEnterprise