1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. reacts to James Harden drops 57 on Memphis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Mar 21, 2019.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I still dont care. I'm about wins now not stats. We lost that's all that matters now.

DaDakota likes this.
  2. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Max coming back to his senses.

3. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t think people realize how good Harden was the last 6 minutes of the 4th and the last minute of over time.

James Harden scores 18 points the last 6:45 of the 4th. He had zero turnovers during that run and only missed two shots. He also hit all three free throws to send it to OT.

Then in overtime he scored 8 points in the last 43 seconds of overtime.

James Harden scored 26 points in the last 11 minutes he was on the floor to bring them back from a double digit deficit.

Had that foul not been called on Capela with .1 seconds left, he likely would have scored 65-70 points through double OT.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The West and the East are not the same thing and Im glad that Screamin A brought that up and Kellerman totally ignored him because it destroys his point.

dkoune, Houstunna and hakeem94 like this.
  5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

BTW FS1 is now better than ESPN. Skip and Shannon a far better watch than Kellerman and Smith.

417Rocket likes this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i am just *amazed* that in addition to all this, he was also left battling JV on the block multiple possessions. shades of hakeem doing literally everything on the court to somehow eek out a win

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

D-rock, IvanLCPM, Handles and 5 others like this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Further proof
    Clutchfans doesn't believe anything happened unless discussed on ESPN

Os Trigonum likes this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

D-rock likes this.
  10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

James Harden is currently the best basketball player in the world.

D-rock, Roc Paint and s3ts like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah.

People do not realize how good he is overall.

He isn't just a scorer like Adrian Dantley or George Gervin.

He has some lateral limitations defensively, but he has become an overall solid defender in the vast majority of match ups, and against larger players he is down right elite. He can be exploited by some of the smaller and younger players and will get winded when he is carrying the size load he is. However overall he is one of the Rockets better defenders. The only guys I would say that are clearly better are Paul and Tucker, and both of them have some issues too. Other than Kawhi Leonard and People George, everyone has some match up issues.

DavidRocket, Houstunna, King1 and 2 others like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Correction:

*and James Harden has been the best basketball player in the world for years.

D-rock, Roc Paint and DavidRocket like this.
  13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm also amazed that he does all this playing thru multiple injuries (neck/wrist) and without the rest days everyone else takes.

one thing i want to bring up bro, perhaps you noticed this or perhaps i'm just seeing things. in the 4th and OT last nite, harden showed no expression at all. after each of those ridiculous made shots he remained stonefaced stoic. the only other time i can recall anything like this was the KD out-of-bounds @GS game, which also just happened to be another explicitly rigged affair. to me it's like he knew what time it was, and was just holding up a big F U to all involved the last 15min of play...

D-rock, BeBreezy, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

can you summarize what I'm looking at?

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LMAO. I don't know. I was posting to see if anyone wanted to take a stab at it :D

D-rock, TheRedRanger and Nook like this.
  16. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

[​IMG]

17. Nook

Nook Member

No, you are right..... there were no high 5's, there was no showboating or wasted movements. He is super focused, and knows exactly what he wants and needs to do. It isn't arrogance or being cocky, he knows what he is and what he can do.

18. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Except the one shot he hit over KD to tie it in the fourth and send it to overtime vs GSW, he clenched his fist. But other than that no over-celebration, yeah

19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Unfortunately, I think the head to head coming up is going to mean a lot. (Even though I don’t think it should be overly weighted, it will be)

Handles likes this.
  20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If they would have made it to OT and won with James getting to 60+ points, the same day the Bucks lose while going 5-5 in their last 10 games the MVP would be over.

But instead. to be cont....