1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephan Curry is unguardable...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by sugrlndkid, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Lol @ the "mimimi he plays for a great team and in the right system", "mimimi no handcheck era" excuses and hating.

Curry kills teams in every way imaginable, no matter how many players guard him and no matter hat w far away from the basket. This guy can shoot from anywhere and dribble his way to the basket or create seperation in any situation.

2. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

use to hate on curry because he's a warrior and we have harden blah blah. but harden's clear as day unprofessionalism and curry's professionalism has brought me around to respecting this dude.

3. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

As a Rocket fan, I can't like Curry. But his ability to make any shoot is bizarre and hard to comprehend. The only player I have ever seen like that is Oscar Schmidt, the great Brazilian shooter from the 80s who was also known for regularly pulling up for 30-ft shots. He led a no-name Brazil team over a U.S. Pan American Games team including David Robinson and Danny Manning, scoring 46 points in the final. The next year in the Olympics he averaged 42 points a game.

4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The guy is truly unguardable. I keep wanting him to have an off night, to look human, but it rarely happens. If he's open from deep I get that feeling of dread knowing it's going in. His 3pt% is better than most guard's overall FG%. He's put some of the best defenders in the league, Tony Allen and Kawhi Leonard, on skates with his handle repeatedly. I hate him and he needs to be stopped.

5. SKTTLZ

SKTTLZ Member

What's scary is that he keeps on getting better.

I felt like he drastically improved his left hand last season and shot off the bounce (and makes it) more than he ever did in his career. I'd say if James Harden has X amount dribble moves that he can string together and/or interchange, Steph Curry probably has double. Sometimes, all he needs to do is a simple head fake to create space. SMFH. It also impresses me how freakin' good he is going right and shooting, which I think many can agree - can be awkward for right handed players.

Curry is going to go down as the best shooter in NBA history, but the way that he finishes around the basket is just STUPID. The underhand scoop shots that float in and touch nothing but net, or his running floaters - those are pretty much automatic.

As Rockets fans, we're conflicted. But you can't deny how great this guy is. He plays how many guards THINK they play.

...with all that being said, I swear I'm not a GSW fan...lol

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Steph Curry has scored a mind-boggling 118 points on just 68 FG attempts.

In comparison, Victor Oladipo has 51 points on 60 FG attempts.</p>&mdash; Tommy Beer (@TommyBeer) <a href="https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/661196872552423425">November 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Warriors' Steph Curry is off to the NBA's hottest start in 27 years <a href="https://t.co/B1oXOJdJo5">https://t.co/B1oXOJdJo5</a> <a href="https://t.co/UJ4hrCwQZ6">pic.twitter.com/UJ4hrCwQZ6</a></p>&mdash; Neil Greenberg (@ngreenberg) <a href="https://twitter.com/ngreenberg/status/660869348467351553">November 1, 2015</a></blockquote>

7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I would like Steph Curry soo much more if he didn't play with Draymond Green.

8. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I would like Draymond Green so much better if he didn't play basketball.

9. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Draymond is green is one of my favorite players in the NBA, wish we had someone like him.

10. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

From April 12, 2010 Brooks v Curry thread in Curry's rookie year. :eek:

:grin:

1 person likes this.
  11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Nice, should've hired you for scouting, breh.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Players of the Week announced: Andre Drummond &amp; Kobe Bryant.

Ha. Just kidding. Drummond &amp; Stephen Curry.</p>&mdash; John Schuhmann (@johnschuhmann) <a href="https://twitter.com/johnschuhmann/status/661271895673864192">November 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

13. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I'm jealous of currys work ethic I wish harden had that.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Steph Curry is outside the top 45 in minutes played, yet somehow still leads the NBA in total points &amp; 3's, and is top 5 in assists &amp; steals</p>&mdash; Tommy Beer (@TommyBeer) <a href="https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/661238268588093440">November 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Only thing that can stop him is him choking on his stupid mouth guard when he's nastily chewing on it.

16. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

^^^^ This

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

How will the GOAT Sam Dekker turn out in five years breh?

18. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

My crystal ball is far from perfect, but I had the advantage of having watched Curry many times while at Davidson. I did nail that one.

Dekker? Way too early to call him a bust IMO but whether or not he will ever be a meaningful contributor is outside the range of my crystal ball. Unfortunately for him (and us Rocket fans) he does not have any one particular skill that is exceptional.

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If we had someone like Draymond Green on our team he would foul out in 5 seconds. He wouldn't get away with any of the stuff he gets away with. I really wished he had signed somewhere else in the offseason just to watch how the official would treat him now that he is no longer on the "GOLDEN" team of the NBA.

SMH he grabbed Harrell's leg and Harrell got called for a T....

20. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

Wow impressive Pipe! Can you tell us, is Harden a HOF material? Will he lead us to a Championship?