1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephan Curry is unguardable...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by sugrlndkid, Oct 31, 2015.

1. dream2franchise

Hate to be THAT guy...but that first highlight, the long three over Davis. Did Curry not travel? He established a pivot foot when he corralled the ball, then lifted it to get into his shot.

I think it's interesting because GS gets away with a lot of moving screens, grabbing, holding. I feel like they've been coached to push the limits of officiating since not everything will get called and it's working out.

I love Curry's game,he does exactly what you think he wouldn't even attempt. Not a fan of his on-court attitude.

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

You let Draymond open, he is gonna drive in and get easy buckets. He has that offensive game even if his 3s arent super reliable.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Curry hoists up the most horrifying shots in terms of shot selection and they just go in.

James pls go super saiyan or Rockets fukt.

4. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Saw this online:

@SherwoodStrauss: Steph Curry after 3 games: 118 points in 99 minutes on 68 shots

5. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Just wait until this guy has a bad performance or one of his teammates (Green or Thompson) get injured.

Its only 3 games. We saw Westbrook put up CRAZY numbers in 3 days last year at the end of the season. Eventually players come back down to earth.

Hell, even Harden had some unbelievable stretches. Remember the back to back 50 point games??

Y'all acting like Steph did this all year when he isn't far removed from having one of the worst finals performances of an MVP to date (Luckily he has great teammates)

6. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

The league will learn how to guard him this year. He is showing way too many of his tricks early in the season :)

I'll wage that he doesn't even have the best statistics in the league by the All-Star break.

7. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

lol this board has so many delusional homers it's ridiculous. the last few posts clearly explain how blind they are with the hate on curry that they think this is some sort of fluke. curry is the best scorer in the nba off the dribble and the greatest shooter the game has ever seen. he's masterful off and on the ball. i hate his guts, but im not blind towards how good he is.

"the league will learn how to guard him this year" how the **** is that going to happen? will the warriors suddenly drop off defensively, suddenly stop executing pick and roll with excellent ball movement, will curry suddenly forget how to create his own shot or dribble? nothing what curry is doing is due to some unrealistic hot streak. and steph curry had one of the WORST FINALS performances for an mvp in recent history? that probably speaks more about his greatness. he did 26/5/6 with nearly 2 steals on 58-59% ts and it's supposedly a horrible series for him. lol.

there's a level you can get away with for a hate of one player. but at some point you gotta call look at reality. steph curry is ****ing amazing. anybody that denies that is a delusional homer that truly doesn't watch or understand basketball. curry only played 33 mpg last year and the warriors were probably the greatest team we've seen statistically since the 96 bulls. i love harden but swear to god if he put up the efficiency #"s curry did while winning the chip in the fashion the warriors did, we'd be clamoring him as the GOAT. yet curry is a fraud. at least have some consistency.

2 people like this.
  8. OTMax

OTMax Member

Indeed, if you cannot give Curry is due here and say it's all Kerr then you are more than delusional. Sure, Harden would be better with a better coach and system, but Curry is just a great ball handler, shooter, solid defender and does not need the referees. Harden is good enough to score without the referees, but he continues to try to bump into guys instead of making the right play.

9. WestendMassive

I have no problem acknowledging that Curry is a fantastic player, he just seems like a complete *******, like the rest of the Warriors.

But so do the main guys on the Rockets, to be honest. I can't remember Houston ever being as unlikable, personality-wise, as they are now, and that's mainly because of Harden and Howard.

10. Handles

Handles Member

You might not like Howard's game, but to unlike him as a person? Why? He seems like a genuinely good dude and personality.

11. Handles

Handles Member

fixed.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Handcheck era? Check out how Steve Francis, Allen Iverson and Stephon Marbury played once the handcheck was over. People who thrived during the hand check era weren't better than the players after the hand check era, these guys can rough people up but in terms of actual shooting and scoring skills that didn't involve physicality they sucked big time. At least guys like Curry would've still been amazing in the hand check era because they can shoot the ball, the dinosaurs in the hand check era went extinct once they got called for traveling and offensive fouls once their era went away and they couldn't bulldoze into the paint anymore.

Look man, basketball is supposed to be a NON-CONTACT sport, I don't even understand why the handcheck era was in place in the first place, why the F are defenders allowed to rough people up this isn't football.

Plus, I think every old timer here is looking at the hand check era with rose-tinted glasses. Remember when coaches employed hack-an-X and people here bellyached how boring it was? Well that was the typical game under the hand check era, I remember one particular game by the Detroit Pistons were the highest scorer of the game didn't make a single shot. In fact, this was one of the reasons why the handchecks were forbidden, games were so boring and defensive back then people started tuning out.

13. hakeemthagreat

Harden just doesn't have the work ethic Curry does. Harden's more physically gifted. But you tell Curry specifically works on parts of his game with a trainer. Harden parties his offseason & then plays in the drew league the last few months. Drew league is not training btw

14. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

That's a good thing. You want to see 88-77 games? You want to see isolation basketball? You want to see 40% shooters be considered great? The hand check era is gone just like cassette tapes, Super Nintendo, and dial up Internet.

Curry is great. End of story. It's 2015. Who cares how he would fared in the 90s. In that case players from the 80s and 90s would sucked in the 60s during the era of flying coach, players carrying their own luggage, smoking in arenas, and players like Elgin Baylor still having to do army reserve duty on the weekends.

15. what

what Member

I, as a grizzlies fan, want to punch harden in the mouth when he does that ridiculous stirring the pot bull****. He looks like a true assclown doing that.

16. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Curry is one of the purest and most fundamentally sound players to ever play the game. He might also be the best shooter to ever play the game as well.

#76 Kwame, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  17. clos4life

clos4life Member

The one reason Curry wouldn't excell in the handcheck era is not because he would get pushed around, it's because he would be scared to land with people like Bruce Bowen sticking his fet under him while he tries to land and people hitting his arms without consequence while he shoots. He would be great still but not MVP level. The rules help him become what he has.

Still, in this era and time he is #1. We'll see if he still has it come mid-season when legs are tired.

18. malakas

malakas Member

Our opinions on how likeable a player is , is clearly coloured by the choice of our teams.
    I don't really find Curry to be an ******* but I also dont' find him to be the golden humble boy superstar that the media tries to portray him either. Same for Durant.
    Harden's celebrations are more asshol-y than any Curry's celebrations.

On the other hand I do find players like CP3, Lillard, Rose, Jimmy Buttler and Griffin to be quite the assholes no matter how the media tries to portray them.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

And idiots here thought he was a one season fluke and Harden much better

I swear people here are some of the worst in judging talent

Also I'm sure all of Harden and Morey b****ing about Curry winning MVP just added to his desire to get better and show the world it wasn't a fluke

Dude is the best shooter to ever play the game and it ain't even close

#79 FTW Rockets FTW, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  20. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

The only way to guard curry is send 2-3 guys at him and be fast enough to recover. Kind of like what Cleveland did last year. Their secret weapon is green in these situations bc along with setting the screens, he can create offense with his driving and passing abilities. The guy is really smart too.

This all means you really can't sell out too hard on curry. There were few highlights of curry last few games just dribbling around 2-3 people. Talk about overpowered.