1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steph Curry to coach Bud, Harden reportedly wants to play different offense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Feb 16, 2019.

1. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Curry needs to get a couple hard fouls next Saturday. Nothing to injure him, obviously, but to send some sort of message to the little brat.

D-rock and clutchdabear like this.
  2. whathappened

whathappened Member

3. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Mike d’antoni has a style? More like a concept he lets the kids figure out.

vlaurelio and Purvis2Short like this.
  4. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Poor leadership. I was waiting to see if this was indeed Hardens words before commenting... You don't tell another player, from the Golden State Warriors that you don't like playing "hero ball" and want to conform to another style of play. While watching the game, he has hardly any issues jacking up shots, turning the ball over, and pouting on offense. His defense is still suspect. He also has no problem with the $228 million dollar contract the Rockets are paying him. This is his way of protecting himself from the scrutiny of other players and the media and went about it the wrong way. I've never seen Kobe, Jordan, or LeBron say this. He needs to focus on passing the ball in less than 3 dribbles, move on offense without the ball, and build up his teammates than break them down. Chris Paul gives Harden accolades whenever the media asks and says the right thing although I know he doesn't agree with this style of play. I don't feel sorry for Harden, he's feeling sorry for himself. D'Antoni also sucks as a coach by letting him play iso all the time. It'll be interesting to see his teammates and coaches reaction from being thrown under the bus on Thursday. I wonder if McHale or Bickerstaff attempted to encourage Harden to change his game and wondering if this was the reason for the removal. I wonder how a disciplined coach like JVG would handle this situation.

5. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

I don't believe him. I think that Bickerstaff and McHale in some way attempted to modify the offense and they are no longer here

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think Harden needs to (or needed to) drop this.

To keep saying that you need to score 30+ points a night to win is basically crapping on your teammates...I mean it's true that he needs to but he doesn't need to be saying this to any media members.

Purvis2Short and J Sizzle like this.
  7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You guys are so f'ing trolled. You think these guys forget they have mics on? Yeah! "First thing he said to me was. . . "

"The Conversation"
    James: "Hi Steph."
    Steph: "Hi James."
    James: "I don't want to play like I am now, you know."
    Steph: "Oh really?"
    James: "Yeah, I want to play beautiful basketball. Kinda like you do? :p "
    Steph: "Cool. So . . . what else is new?"

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL Harden can't get anything right

topfive likes this.
  9. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

*shrug* It sounds to me like Harden (ASSUMING he ever even said such a thing) just wanted to have a vacation from the Rockets, which would be an appropriate feeling seeing how it was the All-Star Game and all. Although he certainly didn't seem to play very differently while he was in the game. He didn't do much dribbling the shot clock down, but he was fine hanging back and throwing up a few 3's.

10. Remlap

Remlap Member

I'm not buying any of this nonsense.

Like James is going to confide in Steph about his dissatisfaction?
    AT THE ALL-STAR GAME?? with nothing but reporters and media around?

SuperMarioBro likes this.
  11. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Man, he should have kept his mouth shut.

12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Lol, you should have waited longer... I don't know what you saw in this thread (or anywhere) that you think counts as evidence that Harden was actually unhappy in this offense.

My god, I don't know how anyone who counts themselves a real Rockets fan right now can actually believe the drivel you just posted. If even [supposed] Rockets fans can't appreciate everything James has done this year, gatdamn...

13. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Curry took whatever Harden did say and twisted it out of context. Harden is loving being a perennial MVP candidate and records he's setting. If Harden did say anything near that it was just to make Curry feel better about having a have a team full of allstars to win.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I heard he told Steph he wasn't comfortable unless he was the sixth man behind him and Durant so look for a Draymond Green supermax S&T this summer

15. thehoustoner

thehoustoner Member

Curry is a whole ho ho ho out here...

16. farhen

farhen Member

Time to panic, rockets front office :p

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Who the hell is "Bud" and why will Steph coach him?

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Exactly. No matter what he does or says, some random Rockets "fan" claims Harden's unprofessional and knows exactly how Harden should have reacted instead. :rolleyes:

19. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

All-NBA Pau Gasol, All-Star Andrew Bynum, DPOY Ron Artest, 6MOY Lamar Odom, along with other fine role players. Kobe never made it out of the first round without an All-NBA player on the roster.

Harden shared the court for ONE season with an All-NBA player in Houston: Dwight Howard, 2013-14 second team (CP3 was snubbed last year tho).

cerophilik, durvasa and topfive like this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sources tell me Harden is going to shave his beard, fake his own death, and walk on to Princeton as Blayne Farten III so he'd never have to run an isolation again

- Steph Curry