1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steph Curry sending Finals jersey to Drazen Petrovic's mom

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, Jun 24, 2015.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Steph Curry sending Finals jersey to Drazen Petrovic's mom

By*Ananth Pandian*/ NBA writer

June 24, 2015 10:11 AM ET

In 1992,*Stephen Curry's father Dell took part in the three-point contest during All-Star weekend in Orlando. Dell didn't make it out of the first round of the contest, only scoring 11 points but when he was competing, the mother of the late Drazen Petrovic took care of Steph.*

Curry has never forgot about this moment and is sending one of his game-worn jerseys from the NBA Finals to Petrovic's mom. The jersey will be on display at the*Drazen Petovic*Memorial Center which is located in the Croatian capital*of Zagreb.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25223557/steph-curry-is-sending-a-finals-jersey-to-drazen-petrovics-mom?FTAG=YHF7e3228e

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Damn... just can't hate on the breh, breh.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm still bitter about the playoffs but that is a classy move.

4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I respect you steph, but you will still get these hands

5. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

I really want to hate him...but stuff like this makes it hard to do so.

I remember first hearing the news about Drazen and being deeply saddened. I was never a fan of the teams he played for, but I couldn't help but cheer for his scrappy determination. You could tell he loved playing basketball, and his skills and career were on the rise when he was killed.

This was a genuinely classy move.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Interesting, random story...

But why did Dell take young Steph to an all-star game only to have to find a "babysitter"? Doesn't make sense. Where was Steph's mom?

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

is he gonna be the next Durant? Has he surpassed Durant since he won a chip? like I don't like Durant when he plays against us, but I'd kill to have him in the H. He's a nice guy as well (or atleast I think he is). Same could be said about Steph atm. Although I dislike his cockiness.

8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

someone give curry the fade

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

God, it's impossible to hate this dude. Screw the Warriors, but I'm a Steph Curry fan.

BTW, after looking up some old stats, I noticed that 2 years later Dell Curry was again in the 3-point shooting contest with Steve Kerr was an opponent this time.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. i3artow i3aller

Very cool/classy gesture on Steph's part :cool:

All the Curry's do is win at life. Ayesha showing off that KlutchQT range.
    <iframe src="https://vine.co/v/e5Im7DT1Uth/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You know - it's possible for someone to be a prima donna and still do classy things.

Nice move, Steph. Still gonna have a target on your back next year!