1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steph Curry or Isiah Thomas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by underrated015, May 25, 2015.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Isaiah. I'm not saying Isaiah over Curry, I'm just saying spell his name right, bro.

1 person likes this.
  2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yep. The refs called a couple fouls in the last minute on the Pistons and sent the Lakers to the line. That wound up being the difference in the game. Amazing how close Detroit got to a 3-peat.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

His name is spelled Isiah.

Isiah Thomas is an all time great.

Isaiah Thomas is a good player on the Celtics.

4. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Curry is great, but let's wait for him to do this consistently for a few more years.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

Troy Daniels.
    That kid's handle is exceptional, and very very very crafty at finishing at the rim too. Shooting is just part of his repertoire.

6. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

I still am a believer that we can come back and win this series. However, on the slight chance we don't win I would not be shocked to see Lebron spend a lot of time guarding Curry in the finals. If that happens we will see what Curry is truly made of. I still remember what Lebron did to DRose in the playoffs a couple years ago when Rose was the regular season MVP.

7. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

I wish they played the Clippers instead of the Grizzlies. I would have loved to watch cp3 guard curry.

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I like Curry a lot his handles are amazing and his shot is like video game-esque like you are shocked whenever he does miss any semi-open shot.

But give me Zeke any day of the week. People dont remember how great Isiah was on the court. He would eat up Steph on the court and absolutely would destroy a lot of PGs right now without the hand check rules and all.

Isiah may not have ever won MVP but I am sure at the end of it all Curry's MVP will go down as probably one of the weaker MVP winner's ever much like Nash's second MVP and Rose

9. andersongo

andersongo Member

Isiah Thomas would get wrecked by Curry. What makes Curry especially dangerous is that the constant ball rotation within his team and the fact that he is very active off the ball means that he is always catching the ball when in full flow or when already set in the triple threat position where his combination of a quick first step, a tight handle and an absolutely deadly shot is used to full effect. Very rarely do you see Curry pounding the air out the ball like Harden: if he can't attack within a few seconds of receiving the ball, he will immediately pass the ball back to another teammate and try to lose the player guarding him. The ball handling abilities of his team-mates along with the number of off the ball screens GSW tends to throw at defenders means that the ball can eventually finds its way back to Curry when he is in a better position. The constant recycling of the ball instituted by Steve Kerr is a major innovation that maximises the abilities of Curry. To actually shut him down will require an elite defender that is completely devoid of any help defense responsibilities.

10. pacertom

pacertom Member

Isiah by a mile, until/unless Curry maintains his current level for like 5 more seasons, and then it would be a legit debate.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Steph by a mile.

Isaiah's overrated

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

This shouldn't even be a thread.... Isaiah by miles and miles.

13. Mr. Clutch

Curry by kilometers

14. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Kyrie - injured/not 100%

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It is fair though, to an extent. The league has a ton of prolific guards and almost no prolific big men because they are reffed so differently today. The guards are protected from any contact at all costs.

16. Mr. Clutch

Look at Isiah Thomas's stats.

Not all that impressive.

He was a good player on some great teams.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Hope this is a joke.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Stats don't tell his story and what he was about. These Pistons teams weren't about ISO and one guy carrying the team, he executed his role. Thomas could still take over when needed, as seen in tons of crucial games.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You never watched him play.

He would be like Curry+Harden+Paul in today's NBA.

Plus, he had a killer instinct that outweighs anything anybody has in today's NBA... to the point where he would literally HATE the other team/opponents with enough vigor that it still resonates today.

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Wow, I hope you're joking. Because Isaiah would eat Curry's ass alive.