1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein] Thomas Robinson could be traded to either Chicago or Cleveland

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aaly1130, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Chamillionaire

Sam Amico: Cavs have something "potentially lined up." Doesn't involve No. 1 pick. Doesn't involve Boston. I too suspect Thomas Robinson. Twitter @SamAmicoFSO

2. thekad

thekad Member

Will the Bulls be looking for something better than "almost nothing."

3. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Is it not true that the Bulls could use the Korver trade exception?

Seems like it would be a good move for them and an asset to dangle around maybe to package with something else to make a trade work. They're way over the cap.

4. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

If we could somehow get Mirotic, could he come over after we sign Dwight?

5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Just thinking of all the possible variables between now and July 10th makes my head hurt... and that's even with Paul off the table. Morey has to have a really convoluted flow chart on some wall.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Don't trade exceptions and three-ways make Chicago nearly as easy of a target for Morey to accomplish pure cap space for TRob.

Morey loves organizing three ways.

7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Bulls are right up against HARD CAP for 2012-13 season. They can trade Rip Hamilton's deal ($1M g'tee) now but can't just use their $5M TPE.</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/statuses/349944342565240832">June 26, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>...of course, Bulls might be able to move salary around to do TRob deal w/20th pick and TPE. They just can't do it with current team salary.</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/statuses/349944575055499265">June 26, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Bulls have a TE from the Korver trade that would cover Robinson's salary so we wouldn't have to take back any salary from the Bulls either.

If you want to dump White in the same deal then Cleveland would be the only option. Throw in a couple of million in cash then maybe Cleveland takes White and immediately waives him.

9. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Carl Herrera, thoughts??

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He's gone south, lookin' for that "prison currency."

11. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Looks like there is some value for TRob after all.

If you read some of Mr.Herrera's posts you would think we would have had to give up a pick in order to have a team accept his salary.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Hopefully we get can get something else, we could possibly trade our 2nd RD pick for the cavs 31st pick. Maybe we can just out right get bulls 2nd Rd pick, or maybe get mirotic.

13. jets fool

jets fool Member

heard we're going the euro route again with the pick

14. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Cavs would give #13 for Shawn Marrion, but not #13 for Thomas Robinson?

15. smr6

smr6 Member

The Cavs don't have #13, the Mavs do.

16. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

MAVS have the 13.

Cavs would be getting the 13 + Marion for the 19.

17. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

thats funny cause I'm pretty sure you and like 60% of everyone on this board wanted to tank for Noel and Zeller!!!

18. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

read it wrong. my bad. appreciate it!

19. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I'd rather try for mirotic than the 19th or 20th, I want to draft Giannis, but his draft stock is going to go through the roof. Wouldn't surprise me if he went top 10

20. The Stig

The Stig Member

So let me see if I'm getting this right.

If the overseas player we're looking at is available at 19 or 20, we are going to trade Robinson otherwise we stand pat?

Or we're trading TRob regardless of whether or not that overseas guy is there and package that for another trade elsewhere (rights for another player)?

Right? Let's wait and see Morey will make this more complicated than what I've got so far.