1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stein: Rockets offering anyone in bottom third to free up spot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Dec 24, 2014.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm not sure capela is ready to get court time anywhere yet…..dorsey might help them a bit but they're probably looking for a starter now

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Canaan can shoot a pullup 3 with defenders being reasonable close, Bev is either c&s or a pullup after his defender gives him 10 feet

3. CrashTheBoards

I am completely against trading anyone who can shoot off the pick like cannon, unless we get someone who can create offense or at least a first pick back.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rocket_Man_2.0

Do not trade Canaan or Nick Johnson. Black, Dorsey, Capella...I could care less. But our young guards..no. What if Beverley gets injured again?...Canaan is our insurance. Nick Johnson has shown flashes of what he could be. I'd rather cut Dorsey/Black to open a roster spot than trade away a young talented guard.

5. PeppermintCandy

I think black is the most likely to be traded or waived, barring a major trade. Dorsey is the better insurance for the 5 spot, and there are many more options now at the pf position.

Tbh i wouldn't be against trading capella either, but knowing morey has to make a trade, i doubt teams would offer anything of value right now.

I'll miss black's energy and passion but his leaving makes the most sense imo.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think Dorsey will have slightly better trading value, but what you are saying makes a lot of sense. I wonder if the Cavs will accept Black for a future 2nd round pick.

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Sounds most fair. Cavs 2nd basically means nothing.

8. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Losing Canaan would suck, I rather cut Dorsey or Black than lose the Canonball!

9. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I think we are over valuing our player in pick price tags. Remember Morris , a 14th pick who was playing in the rotation, was traded for a 2nd...and we didn't even have to move him.

Any one of the bottom 3rd, including Capela (he's eating up cap space that we can use and will need next year), wouldn't bring in a 1st. Most teams have a set roster and would have to trade or cut to take on the player. What we're offering is doing us a favor more than filling a need on a team at this stage. That limits the teams you are talking with as most would want us to send them a pick not wanting to send us a pick. And of those teams that might have use for someone on the bottom of our roster, what we're offering isn't worth a 1st.

If Morey gets a 2nd on any those, he takes it. Otherwise we are cutting Black.

10. cebu

cebu Member

I think Capela needs to go. he's a long shot.

11. Fantasma Negro

I don't think he actually trades Canaan but Morey wants to see how much value he has. Canaan works well in this system, he has Lowry potential to go somewhere and blow up. Just cut Black and sign him to the Vipers

12. PeppermintCandy

I would think unless Morey can find a few suitors to bid against each other, cash maybe and a very heavily protected second round pick is about what we can expect. From the Cavs' POV, anything more and they might opt to wait it out and hope he gets waived.

13. zyt

zyt Member

whos getting cut on christmas day again? must be a hit on the worst level , whos the next lin?

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The reason : going for Melo/Bosh.

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Because Canaan can not even guard a tree.

And his offense could be so bad and even one time McHale mentioned on 790 with Charlie that he thought Canaan played poorly in that Grizz game and his shots and decision making were highly questionable.

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The Cavs may not be that good as people think,

but they are not the 76ers.

17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

That's exactly the reason why McHale said his shot selection is highly questionable.

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

very true.

Actually give up Capela for a reasonable overseas player right will be the perfect solution, but no one will give you any value under this situation.

So actually if you can give away Capela for free to the 76 ers vs cutting Black, I think that could be a close call also.

The Rockets are all in this/next year, Harden is at his prime and Dwight seems starting to have more health issues.

Capela makes no sense to the Rox now.

19. basketballholic

LOL.

Shot selection and decision making during ONE GAME does not equate to bad shot selection and decision making.

If Canaan has bad shot selection then what does Trevor Ariza and James Harden have?

McHale may not like Canaan. But if he doesn't it's not because of Canaan's offensive play. It's because of Canaan's defense at the point of attack.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Canaan should not be given away. Thats the most stupidest **** I've heard. Doesn't surprise me. Dud actually tried to run an offense.