1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein] Rockets emerging as serious threat to sign Chris Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Would hate to lose those guys that's most of our firepower.

Richie_Rich and Kendrick Lamar like this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

No way we're trading our best 3 point shooter in Gordon who is also on a very team friendly contract. Unless Paul George is coming in you don't move Gordon at all.

3. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Don't want to lose all our shooters but I guess we're going all in. I just don't understand why we're putting all of our business in the streets like this. Can't we be a little more discreet about what we're doing or planning to do?

4. steddinotayto

In all the years Morey has been the GM here when has he ever been discreet during the off-season with free agency?

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  5. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You don't move gorden to get cp3, but you do it for Pg13?

Pass some of those drugs dude.

6. 1Deep

1Deep Member

You're right. Maybe that's part of the reason he hasn't been very successful in free agency in previous years.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, he only added what was thought to be the best Center in the NBA in Dwight Howard.

8. steddinotayto

Sure but drugs aren't needed to make sense of why I wouldn't trade Gordon for CP3. Gordon will makes $14 million next year. Trading him still won't get is enough cap space to sign Paul to the max. That's why everyone has been brainstorming on how to get rid of Ryan's $20 million cap hit. You either trade Gordon along with Lou or Ariza or Bev just to get to Ryan's cap hit. If you were Chris Paul, who can you live without playing on the rockets roster--Ryan Anderson or two key players?

9. steddinotayto

If you think that's why he's been unsuccessful in getting tier 1 free agents EVERY summer you don't understand economics.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Please don't trade Eric Gordon / Clint Capela / Lou Williams (fingers crossed)

[​IMG]

11. Mr Chuck Norris

While I completely agree with getting milsap Boston won't do ****

DonKnock likes this.
  12. 1Deep

1Deep Member

LOL

13. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Lol ..... touché!

14. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

As inconsistent Ryno has been and as fantastic EGO has been, I'd STILL be hard pressed to let Ryno go. Here is why. Ryno is a true stretch 4. He's a pure 3-pt shooter (regardless of how inconsistent he was last season). Reality is there aren't many viable substitutes that provide what Ryno does on the floor, even on poor shooting nights.

He spreads the floor as a big...and from the parking lot no less. He still has a lot of value in the strategy of the team.

David

steddinotayto likes this.
  15. steddinotayto

Lowe isn't any more of an insider than the next talking head. He's got a great basketball mind but he's also going by assumptions at this point.

It wasn't too long ago that everyone thought Lin's contract was immovable but Morey got it done. Sure it cost us a 1st but it got done. Morey will attach Dekker or a draft pick to Ryan's back in order to send him packing to Sacramento.

If you're going to try and keep up with GSW paying a stretch 4 who disappears in the postseason $20 million is not a luxury you can afford.

16. steddinotayto

You have a good point but I just think of it this way:

Are you prepared to lose a stretch 4 making $20 million or are you prepared to lose multiple key (and cheap) players just to get that same $20 in cap space?

Gordon + Bev is more valuable to me than Anderson.

17. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Dude I'm not your bro

18. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Translation: you were one of the haters

J Sizzle and DonKnock like this.
  19. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

Should CP3 comes here, someone please explain to me how two ball hogs are going to mesh? Didn't we go through that with Lawson? I'd like to hear from you experts your thoughts on how this offence will work.. Thanks.

20. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

touche pas a mon pot (Eric Gordon)!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]