1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein] Rockets are bracing for the loss of Dwight Howard for at least a month

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Because we have a more definitive timeframe.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Let's hope that is all there is...

DD

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Keep in mind this is best case scenario. They're hoping that solves the issue.

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Tonight's embarrassing loss aside, we can afford to allow him to take his time. It sounds bad to condone this sort of approach, but as long as he's ready to go for the playoffs I'm fine with whatever rest structure they want to give him.

5. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We will see what this team is made of. I don't hear no bs about fan attendance and crap. Fans buy tickets to games at high prices hoping to see the whole team but crap like this happens.

7. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Hmm, I hope it's waaay before then. Remember when Howard went out earlier in the season then came back in? We started loosing games. We started loosing our grit and passion as we watched Howard with his "practice" post ups. Like watching an 18-wheeler backing up slowly.... beep beep beep BRICK!

8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

This is illogical but emotionally I have given up on d12.

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if you didnt pick up smith, jones or dmo from the waiver wire you will miss out big time in fantasy ball

10. JazzLakerHater

Yeah, pretty much what I expected. Good to hear that they expect him before the stretch run at the end of the season. And if there is one month to miss in the NBA, Frebuary would be it.

11. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

My only concern is this may prevent Morey from making a significant PG upgrade (if such an opportunity ever existed), which is desperately needed IMO. I would be unwilling to part with either TJ or DMo if there's still doubt about Dwight.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's ok as long as he is ready for the playoffs.

13. baubo

baubo Member

As long as they don't find anything further, and assuming we take it slowly over 8 weeks, that's still roughly late March timetable to return. Giving him 2-3 weeks to get re-adjusted to the team before the playoffs.

I think once playoffs roll around and the schedule becomes lighter in terms of time off between games, Dwight will be better equipped to handle minutes.

14. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Better get Capela back up. Do not pass him the ball on offense. Tell him to just defend and rebound.

I'm not as hopeful as the Rockets that Howard will gain his form by the playoffs. Gotta prepare for all eventualities.

15. kemah

kemah Member

He can be out all year as we have a great rim protector and defensive genius in Dmo to handle things. Good riddance.

16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Capela is clearly not an answer this year. Possibly next.

Good for the fact that DMO and Jones both will get plenty of time. We can make this work as long as we get some help in the back court.

17. rocketblood713

This is what's best rest him for as long as it takes and get him back in time for the playoffs ....

We dodged a bullet with Harden but this team and T Jones back we straight while Howard gets right

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

It's time to show off Dmo or Tjones. We are going to need to get Harden some help on that back court. Shved should be playing in the D league to get him up to speed. This team is not a championship contender unless we can find that other ball distributer/playmaker/scorer/defender. Dwight just needs to heal. As long as we make the playoffs we have a chance. Let's not rush the big man unless truly necessary.

19. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Really hope he fully recovers before the playoffs. That's when we'll truly need him

20. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

That "at least" part scares me. I fear he may have gotten the news that he's likely out for the season, and he's scrambling to find a doctor with a shorter return

1 person likes this.