1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein] Melo will consider Rockets, Bulls and Mavs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by larsv8, Jun 11, 2014.

1. JD88

JD88 Member

Think the Knicks would S&T melo and Shumpert/THJ for Harden and a 1st?

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

People on here are becoming more and more gullible nowadays.

The Mavs are listed for one purpose, and one purpose only.... Leverage.

Melo needs a team that can sign him outright to the max to force a S&T to another team of his liking because.... well.... you can lose me for nothing or you can get "something" in return.

Melo and his people are playing a very well calculated well thought out game. These are the perfect three teams. Worst comes to worst and he either signs back with NY (makes more money with the extra year.... and keep in mind they thought they were getting a discount possibly.... lol) or ends up with the Mavs (gets the full max & joins another star player in Dirk).

Most likely scenario is the Rockets & Bulls duke it out as to who can make the best trade package. Bulls seem like the best trade partner off the top of my head but lets just see how much they are willing to part with.

Should be an interesting Summer.

3. Qwertyasdf

Qwertyasdf Member

I'm just a bit worried

What if we don't get that third star, but lose Parsons and Asik in the attempt? I feel we could really weaken the team. I see the allure of a third star, but feel we could hurt the team just as easily as we could help it in the pursuit.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I think it could work but we need a much more innovative coach on offense. This iso **** isn't working and it certainly won't work with Melo.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Oh and....

THE ROCKETS ARE NOT F-IN TRADING HARDEN

You people need to stop letting yourselves be brainwashed by King Troll of the GARM. Just stop. You are beginning to make Lakers fans look like Einstein.

2 people like this.
  6. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Absolutely. I would appreciate it if you took your lopsided Knicks trade to a New York BBS.

7. photojoe

photojoe Member

Maybe it wasn't working because we only had only player trying to play iso ball?

Imagine if we had TWO players both trying to play iso. At the same time.

How could that possibly go wrong?

8. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

He definitely thinks more of them than Dirk and Monta.

9. alin86

alin86 Member

Rockets S&T melo in 3~4 team trade, Lin/Asik to other teams, Knicks get TJ and a 1st round pick.
    in addition Rockets send Casspi, Covington, Powell to Knicks to help them shed Raymond Felton's bad contract.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I can't believe people here are complaining about possibly getting a third star.
    Remember when we were praying we even landed one star?

11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

melo couldn't lead his way into the eastern playoffs

howard is our leader

12. joesr

joesr Member

I'd prefer a 4 who plays more defense. Horford or Millsap, :D

13. ginia1110

ginia1110 Member

****. What if Lebron really convince Melo to play for Miami if they lose this series, or worst, when they 3peat this year? Do they have the capspace for Melo's ginormous contract? :confused:

That would be a very scary team to face :eek:

14. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

No, Melo is a free agent. There is no "bidding war" of the best trade package.

15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

probably the worst post in this thread

16. Jt29

Jt29 Member

Yes, n the heat will have more bandwagon fans more than ever. All bookies are off... Championship 90% guaranteed. How sad that would be for the rest of nba teams?

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I'm not sure I understand your argument.

We convinced Dwight Howard to sign with us last year. Harden played at least some role in his decision to come here and I don't recall any indications that Harden was upset with the signing.

After signing Howard we had 0 cap space. Are we faulting Harden for failing to recruit difference makers to come to Houston for league minimum?

Are we preemptively saying if no star decides to come here in the future it's because Harden failed in campaigning for Houston?

18. Rockness

Rockness Member

With all this nonsense of Melo coming here, tying us money wise to get any kind of bench, I was thinking about the contract we gave Howard. In knowing that we would not have much money left and Howard already having earned a lot over the years, should he have signed for less than the max?

19. Play07

Play07 Member

Howard taking $17-18 mill vs $22 would've made things easier for Morey. Resigning parsons would've been not as big as a issue either. Once Lin and asik come up we have some room but getting a 3rd star will be interesting with the numbers as filling other wholes on the roster

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Why not the Bulls? If Rose can come back and play at anything close to his previous level, that's a helluva team with him, Melo, and Noah. Thibs is 1000 times the coach McHale is. The Eastern Conference is much weaker than the West. And the Bulls have actually gotten somewhere in the postseason recently unlike the Rockets.