1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein] Melo will consider Rockets, Bulls and Mavs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by larsv8, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Nook

Nook Member

More than Boozer would have to go...

2. Nook

Nook Member

I stand corrected, I though his max was right at $20,000,000.... My wider point stands, Chicago CAN make it work but it is harder for them, and the current thought in Chicago is they may very well not be willing to do what it takes.

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Ok now I know you're just trolling.

4. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Get real people. Melo will never come to play for the Rockets.
    He just toying with us.

5. ginia1110

ginia1110 Member

Phil Jackson has a very funny way of showing his intention to retain Melo. I think he's the first one ever to not treat Melo like a God over there LOL. If Melo snaps and thinks management wont go his way I think he would seriously consider going to the Rockets.

I'm afraid though of what effect he will have on the locker room, and on the floor if the 3 of them will just play ISO and "make the ball sticky" but having Melo is better than not, I guess.

It would be a huge relief to have a guy who can make a basket during playoffs. I seriously dont think Melo lead the Knicks like a real leader, I thought he just padded his stats more than anything, but you have to give him some credit for still being able to score regardless.

If u cant rely on the guys leadership, you can be sure that he is capable of carrying a team on his back. I just hope that when he comes here and teams up with H&H that they can get past the first round next year.

6. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Stoudemire is a shell and Chandler is no better than Asik.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

I think none of this really matters. Whoever Melo chooses will get him. The only thing in question is whether NY will play along and get some assets out of it, or will he sign as a FA.

8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

The big 3 and Haslem opt out and a big 4 can split about $60M between them. Basically they could match what Chicago could pay Melo. If the current three took $14m each they could give Melo about $18m. And they would still have Norris Cole and Chris Anderson. Fill out the rest of the roster with veteran minimums and exceptions.

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

:eek:

Its happening??

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't want him

Him and Iverson did nothing together Neither will him and Harden

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

Umm are you forgetting someone named Dwight?

13. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I just threw up.

14. CKent

CKent Member

We got Harden 2 off seasons ago and then followed it up with Dwight last year. Why would anyone still be so pessimistic around here? Even if he winds up going elsewhere I don't see how you could possibly view it as him "toying" with us.

15. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

Didn't Harden say publicly that he was going to recruit some stars to HOU last year? So much for your theory.

16. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

SMH, people with such short term memory. Harden publicly said he was going out to recruit some stars to HOU last year. I guess he was not conern about catching crap then?

17. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Melo will end up in Miami. I was thinking that Miami would make a move to get Lance Stephenson for a 1-2 year deal, but if Melo is available they'll all work it out.

18. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

The Rockets have a bigger window of opportunity than both the other 2 teams. Rose is definitely going to need another year to regain the top form he was at a few years ago.

I think Dallas has a decent shot at getting Melo but the window for a championship there will be a whole lot slimmer than the Rockets' chances. Plus how many good years does Dirk/Carter/Marion have in the tank? I would say 2 years at most.

The Rockets need a proven PF who can take tough shots in crunch time, but even then Melo is definitely not a perfect fit. Both James and Melo will both have to play off the ball in order for the team to be successful (not to mention more defense too). Luckily for the Rockets Bosh has a chance to opt out of his contract, Love is looking for greener pastures and Melo is actually considering coming here (Thanks Morey for making that a possibility).

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

The Rockets had $16mil worth of capspace last year. This year they have none. I'm going out on a limb and say Harden probably wouldn't have gotten flak for saying he prefers a basketball player over capspace. But that he would if he wanted Lin and Asik gone.

20. photojoe

photojoe Member

Really?

Howard>Noah (I know Noah got first team All NBA. But I still think that is a pretty easy choice)

Harden>uncertainty of Derrick Rose

I really like Jimmy Butler, a lot. But I would have to say that he is pretty equal to Parsons. Butlet is a much better defender, Parsons a better offensive player and a little bit more versatile (IMO)

Gibson and Beverley....both pretty good defenders. Both don't have that much of a role.

I think the Rockets roster is more attractive. However, with the Bulls Carmelo would fill the exact role that they need....whereas the Rockets, Carmelo's strengths are our team's strengths. And his weaknesses are our team's weaknesses.

The Mavs..... Dirk is old. Marion is old (and a free agent). Carter is old (and a free agent). Ellis improved a lot, but not enough to be a huge draw. I really can't think of much of a reason why he would want to go to the Mavs?