1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein] Houston hasn't stopped trying to move Ty Lawson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

For everyone saying how much Lawson has sucked here just remember how poorly Rondo looked in Dallas and how much better he looks in Sacramento.

Don't be surprised when Lawson returns to form when he's given the keys to the offense.

1 person likes this.
  2. OTMax

OTMax Member

Morey losing his touch, this is desperate...watch Ty kick ass w the Jazz and Burke on the bench.

3. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Important Stat Alert*

Catch and Shoot Threes Per Game
    Trey Burke: 1.3/3.2 = 40.2%

That's one of the better marks for PGs in the entire league.

1 person likes this.
  4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Forgot he's still on his rookie contract. If you could make the salaries match by pairing him with an expiring, I guess it makes sense. At this point though, it just feels like swapping out tires on an old beat up Pinto. Pursuit of mediocrity.

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

He wouldn't have been here for more than 27 games. Rockets would not pay him or pick up that team option. He needs to get his life back together off the court and then worry about on court. He has no confidence.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'm fully prepared for him to have a crazy resurgence if he's moved. It wouldn't be the Rockets' 2015-2016 season if he didn't.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Ty isn't working out here, period...won't be the last or first time a player just didn't fit with a team and did elsewhere. We didn't lose much for Ty to begin with, if we can get a decent young back up, then that's a win, overall.

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lawson hasn't done squat and he won't in a Rockets uniform. I would love a swap for Burke if they get the salaries to work

9. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Posted this in the other thread.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dilemma on Lawson

The Rockets don't have a pressing need to move Ty Lawson. By getting him to agree to make the final season of his contract at the team's option, they gave themselves the option of keeping him this season to create more cap room by not picking up the last season of his deal.

He could be a player viewed as worth more to a team in need of a point guard than he has been valuable to the Rockets. He has shown flashes of being the player he was with the Denver Nuggets, but those have been too infrequent to make him a significant part of the rotation. The idea his struggles are from a poor fit with Harden ignore that he has not played very differently with or without Harden.

Still, the Rockets cannot have him run the offense for long stretches, as other teams might. His contract, worth $12.4 million this season, will make matching salaries difficult and could make the Rockets hesitant to bring back that much in salary if it goes beyond this season.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...rading-path-will-the-Rockets-take-6835522.php

Harden is to blame. Lawson is to blame. Lawson has been **** with or without Harden.

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Changing of the guard??? anyone???

Atlanta in: Trey Burke and Alec Burks
    Atlanta out: Jeff Teague

Houston out: Ty Lawson
    Houston in: Jeff Teague

Utah In: Ty Lawson
    Utah out: Trey Burke and Alec Burks

12. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Sorry, but these trades should never happen. Harden can't adapt his game even a little to accomodate Howard and Lawson in order to win games together, so they get traded.
    This will push his sense of entitlement even higher ("if you can't play with Harden, you get traded!)

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Oh, I fully expect him to.

14. malakas

malakas Member

Why should we care if Lawson does well in his next team? We are fans of this team, not another. Since he can't work out here, then what's the point?

If he didn't have lockeroom and off court issues his trade value would be better. Morrey would have been able to sell him to other teams as a reclamation point. That's on him ,as his on court perfomance is on the most part on him.

And Burke may not be the best, but he FITS here. He will be great.

1 person likes this.
  15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, Harden isn't getting traded, and the team sucks dog dix as is, so others are on the trading block, my brotha.

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Maybe we are trying to force Atlanta to give us Horford and Teague for Howard...

Who knows!

I'm just really hoping we blow it up in the next few hours and tank the season out. Keep that lotto pick so that we don't owe Denver anything.

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

ty for curry? contracts match

18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I see ppl saying this and my reply is so what!!

Cool rondo is having a good year playing with another Allstar big and how are they doing exactly? Ohh that's right there 7 games under .500

Ty can go put up stats and have the offense and lead a team to 30 wins like he always does.

Who cares.

Hee not a winning player we had found that out really quick. I as many thought it would work, it didn't.

I don't care if he goes and puts up good numbers having the offense run through him. Any team that had the offense run through ty Lawson is not a good team period.

19. OpenLayup-Why3?

damn, I totally forgot about that time Lawson made fun of Harden. No one ever brings this up. Could it be one of the reasons why Harden did no favors to Lawson this year?

20. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Oh yeah, totally useless if we can't fix all of our problems at once. :rolleyes:

Right, that one guy doesn't have to guard everyone. Kind of obvious. He has to guard the Parker's, Westbrook's, and Paul's of the league. Our current stock of guards play matador defense. I just want someone (for Ty) that can throw a wrench into the opposing offensive flow and hopefully fire up the other guys on the floor, like Beverly used to be able to do.