1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein] Houston hasn't stopped trying to move Ty Lawson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I do not see them waving TY.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hawks were/have been trying to pry a starter and first-rounder from teams for Hawks G Jeff Teague, according to sources.</p>&mdash; Jeff Zillgitt (@JeffZillgitt) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffZillgitt/status/700397547689390080">February 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Bev + our recently acquired first for Teague. Deal?

4. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

You think Bev + Dmo + top 8 protected 1st is worth only Anthony + Teague?!

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

that sounds like ty's people.

6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Get it done Morey[​IMG]

7. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Um, I guess that is one way of looking at it but Bev + DMO for Anthony and Teague would be more appropriate way of looking at it. Not sure if Teague is a true All Star caliber PG but if he is it would be intriguing. He is coming on strong lately when given minutes.

8. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

This caught me off guard.

The belief is Ty Lawson has always wanted to stay with the Rockets?

Started to give up on him thinking he already had one foot out the door.

Good to hear he wants to remain a Rocket.

We the fans would like to see how much he wants to be here.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Stein: Rockets/Jazz deal likely to happen
    Local Utah guy: Funny, i hear the opposite
    Watkins:Rockets Jazz moved away from deal

Stein:Rockets to strongly consider waiving Ty
    Woj: Rockets will not waive TY

It's pretty clear what Stein's intentions are...i don't think there's a "huge conspiracy against the rockets" but Stein gets his jabs in there, when possible. He was basically saying "hey other teams, get some better bids in now because the Rockets are close" early in the process..

10. basketballholic

Lawson can still be traded following the season and if he is released before 6-30, his 16-17 salary is erased because it is still non-guaranteed. Morey can POSSIBLY exploit this. So I seriously doubt Lawson is released.

On the contrary I can see us starting Lawson from here on out and giving him the basketball to up his trade and free agent value to another team.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We aren't going to showcase Lawson, because it can in no way help us. Now, we will let him try to play his way back into the lineup. But, there is no way he can up his value to match his salary, short of being a big player in another spectacular playoff run (at least one upset). And if he can't help us do that, no one will trade for him, because they will cut him just like we do.

No one will trade for this salary, just like they didn't last summer. And we won't take any salary back vs just releasing him.

This year is the exact definition of why Morey got the Team Option, so we can release him in this exact scenario.

You aren't thinking this through, because you like to dream up scenarios of secret strategies to Showcase players to meet your outlandish stories.

12. basketballholic

So you are convinced we're not taking.

I'm not.