1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein] Durant NOT considering Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, Jun 10, 2016.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm just saying it means nothing at all either way.

The most likely thing to happen is the opt in, most agree there.

But if Durant doesn't do that then all hell will break loose. You are going to get articles every day about where he's going and what he's thinking. We are all spitballing here.

As for Houston, I think a lot of us just feel we have a better shot at it than most.

We offer...
    A.) An elite player that happens to be his friend.
    B.) Another max contract player to go along with him and Harden.

But some people, people that think every single thing about the Rockets will put them below the Knicks, Lakers, or whoever. I saw someone in the other thread saying the Jazz! So a team that didn't make the playoffs and has no superstars has a better chance than the Rockets? The Knicks who have been the laughing stock for years (Compared to the Rockets one year as a laughing stock) and has been a mismanaged mess for about a decade now have a shot?

Personally I think if he decides to move on from OKC that the Rockets will be a strong contender to land him. The problem has always been OKC though who is as of now a great team that probably deserves one more chance from him.

2. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Cue #Durant2Houston

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

because cuban isn't obsessed with trying to take a dump on danny ainge's face. the mark & marc tandem has been putting out bs 'reports' on HOU every free agency summer going back several yrs now

4. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Feel like we should forget about Durant, use Beasley as our "KD", and use the rest of our cap space to strengthen other key areas we need improvement asap.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You're in Greece so I don't know how much of our media crap you get over there. Certainly there was a thread or two in the GARM talking about how Durant and Harden were recorded hanging out at such-and-so club; someone else mentioned they were working out together (no video on that).

So Mark Cuban.....I mean, Marc (with a "c") Stein makes sure there's a crap-on-Houston article that subtly mentions tampering. Who knows? Maybe a brushback from The Cubes, but, in any case, it's funny how the media and fans are so easily manipulated.

Whether there's truth to the article or no, it would be by accident, because ESPN is simply a rah-rah for big or currently-shiny markets or players. And they want ratings and click-bait so will say or print whatever, even if they know they're being led by the nose.

6. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

If Durant thinks the Lil B curse is bad, the Reject Houston curse is much worse. I can almost guarantee a Durant foot injury re-festering next year if he doesn't come on board the Rockets train. I'm not wishing him harm. It's just that the list is filling up and the coincidences are spooky.

Parsons. Rejects Rockets for Dallas. Knee Surgery.
    Carmelo. Rejects Rockets for Knicks. Knee Surgery.
    Bosh. Rejects Rockets for Heat. Blood Clots.

I'm just saying...

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Seriously, how many fans actually thought he would come here? Honestly?

DD

8. Raven

Raven Member

He's going to Miami.

:p

9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

durant should go to the east. cakewalk to the finals every year

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Stein can eat a dick. Oh wait, he's already eating Cuban's.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This. If we had just had a 56 win season and a WCF appearance like we did last season, with Howard looking like a solid big man for us for a couple more seasons and a deep bench of roleplayers -- then maybe we'd be in the running. As it actually is, no way would I bother with this team if I was Durant.

12. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

If we do sign Durant, and since he is 6'11", does he continue our Legacy of Bigs?

13. dragician

dragician Member

who cares.. we have Dmo :p

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Sure about that?

That means Dwight returns and all things point to Durant not liking Dwight.

15. brosef

brosef Member

while I'm not holding my breath we get durant this here is just some bs speculation. He says it as if kd has told him this.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I actually hope Stein is right.
    Well, to clarify, I really hope he is completely wrong and Durant has already decided on the Rockets!

But that being so so extremely unlikely, having clarity now is helpful.

And the way the Rockets have been burnt a little bit by chasing these last few years, it makes some sense that they'd already have a "clear" answer. Likely, that is part of the reason for hanging out. In a "I ain't going to be mad, just let us know if you'd consider joining for real or not now, so we can plan better" kind of way" - maintain the friendship and help out James at least a little bit.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

CF be like [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Short term momentum is such a big deal in FA for the top guys.

Look at the two different romances of Dwight. First year they had leprosy. Next season they were awash in buzz from Harden's breakout and Dwight fell in love.

The way the Rockets crapped their pants last year, I'm surprised anybody thinks they were going to be serious candidates. They are going to be picking FA's whose other options are the Bucks or the Kings or other tarnished destinations.

The good news is, they can get it together and be right back on top next offseason if they get everything right.

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

While i don't think he is going anywhere and staying in OKC, i do find this article humorous coming from a Mavs homer. "League sources."

How many times has Durant been pissed off with the media for fabricating bull**** involving him? Durant knows and trust people in his inner circle and fully believes none of them would ever reveal anything to a media member, yet we continuously hear about "sources."

20. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

I'm not sure Stein is the most credible on this, but honestly why would KD want to come here? There are numerous teams with better rosters and management out there. He is most likely staying in OKC for another year or two to make another run with the team they have and re-evaluate then.