1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein] Durant NOT considering Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, Jun 10, 2016.

1. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Wow, ive never seen a team threaten other teams so badly that the media makes it a mission to target the Rockets. The Rockets are a dangerous team, even in the midst of this past disappointing year the Rockets could beat any team any given night.

The fact is no source, no dumbass reporter or journalist like stein can know what is going inside Durants head. The Rockets WILL get a meeting, but cant the blind posters on this board see that the meeting happened already when KD and Harden litereally flew to a different state together and worked out. Helllloooo. I swear, many of you posters allow your conciousness to be swayed way too easily by biased agenda media, it makes me sic to share the title "rocket fan" with some of yall. :rolleyes:

2. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Maybe waiting to make sure Dwight is "off the books" officially.

3. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

It makes a lot of sense to me. That's what I have been thinking. The Rockets need to sign a major free agent in order to appeal Durant. I think Durant told Harden to make a move, so that's why Harden wanted to skip Olympic so he can focus on improving this team to appeal Durant. Yeah, I think that's what it look like at this point.

4. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Gotta talk to Horford. He's the guy.

5. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Our chances vs ATL
    Big Al,
    You have the chance to do a big 3 with You - KD & Kent Bazemore
    or You-KD & Harden....

Al: bwahahahaah

KD,
    You have the chance to do a big 3 with You - Horford & Kent Bazemore
    or You-Horford & Harden....

KD: bwahahahah

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i don't think they can get that kind of commitment that quick; can they? If that's what they are betting on we really don't have a chance. Can't see Whiteside as being an enormous enticement to KD. Conley will have a lot to consider given Memphis offering more years and money; so he'll take his time or commit to Memphis. And Horford ...well maybe Horford could commit early. Not sure how KD sees Horford.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I feel the Rockets would throw a 4 year max at Horford if they could get him.

With Horford, it just comes down to getting that 5th year in Atlanta.

Basically the same situation as the Rockets were in last year with Bosh & Miami.

8. cdrive

Champs that beat the precious Dubs vs proposed Rockets:

Lebron & Kyrie combo < KD & Harden combo
    Kevin Love < Al Horford
    J.R. Smith < Beasley
    Lue < even if we have to begrudgingly admit it, D'Antoni

9. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

You are smoking some really great stuff my friend!

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

I suppose it's possible.

But for all the reasons you mention, it's unlikely.

Conley, Memphis, home, 5th year max deal. Is he really leaving? And if he leaves? Who's to say he prefers Houston over ... San Antonio? Dallas? Some other currently unknown suitor?

Horford, Atlanta, home, 5th year max deal.

Can they convince one of them, "Hey, Houston is better for you now & you gotta leave that 5th year on the table."

11. zigzag

zigzag Member

I'm wondering how much time would KD offer Houston to find the missing piece before he make his decision since he only have 8 days
    Timing must be a very important factor in this year's FA chase

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

My point is, that it is ENTIRELY disingenuous and frankly not true to frame it as the Rockets have been planning for years towards this one opportunity to lure KD.

The fact is, DM plans, AT ALL TIMES, in order to have flexibility to attract a star free agent. The absolutely only time he doesn't think about that, is when it is said star free agent he is signing... and then... I guess unfortunately now in retrospect, when he thought they were on the cusp - see Brewer, PBev, Lawson salaries (though at least in Lawson's case, he got him to drop that last year).

And it's not towards ONE specific free agent. It's towards any superstar that would remotely be a fit.

How do I know this? Because they were prepared to max Carmelo Anthony. Because they were prepared to max Chris Bosh.

Yes, surely DM would have tried to do it, while STILL maintaining the ability to chase KD... but the point is he is always maintaining flexibility.

Does it hurt that KD doesn't seem to be interested in a meeting with the Rockets? Absolutely. You don't need Marc Stein to tell you that.

And to top it all off, they then move on to note that DM always has plan b,c,d...z and will act quick and aggressively... which is basically the point. It doesn't coincide with the narrative they discuss at first which is in effect the Rockets eggs were all in the KD basket.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Probably a day or two at most. Really, that first day.

6 meetings, is he taking them all in one day or spread out over 2 days? Let's say two days. Then he's gonna take the July 4th (3rd-4th-maybe 5th) off. I'd suspect we have a decision a week from tomorrow - July 6th, if it's not leaked or decided on the 5th.

Suns had just inked Chandler(2:15ish PM July 1st), walking into their meeting with Aldridge.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: The Suns walked into meeting with LaMarcus Aldridge moments ago, armed with Tyson Chandler and his agreed upon multi-year contract.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/616325085343846401">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, the only difference is that Bosh already won at the time, so he was probably more interested in making as much money as possible, Horford on the other hand should be more interested in having a better chance to win at this point of his career. Didn't he also said he would like to go in a more hispanic city?

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

You should expand on this.

Are you trying to insinuate that it is quiet because Morey wants it that way or are you trying to allude to a belief that Durant does not like Morey?

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Move on to Plan B and C. Keep trying to meet with Durant of course, but Morey has to start moving forward.

17. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I believe the term he used was "Urban"...:)

18. cdrive

I was actually going to mention this, but H-Town offers a huge, thriving, robust multi-international Latin community. Atlanta does not. Horford and his extremely easy-on-the-eyes wife are both Dominican.

Here is an excellent article from The Vertical's Bobby Marks:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/front-office-insider--kevin-durant-s-options-184021631.html

I just don't see it with the Clippers, Spurs and Warriors having to gut their team to make it work. Boston and Miami make my eyes roll.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Oh ok, sorry i wanted to say Latin (like in cdrive post) but i kinda forgot the word :grin:

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Same here. Btw, you just need to stop cause you're making me a believer again :(