1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein] Durant NOT considering Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Mr. Motiejunas

LMAO Triple Chin Mauri!!!!!!!

2. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Your memory not so good? I remember Stein saying we had no chance at Howard. Mavs, his team, had the inside tract.

3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Just because Marc Stein isn't one of ESPN's younger, millennial social media droogies, it doesn't mean he is credible on this.

You want something 100% certain? Something real? Something you can really hang your coat on? Here it is....are you ready?

Nobody knows anything about who KD is considering or not considering. "League sources"..."sources say"....that's all hilarious when talking about KD. His circle is super small, super loyal, and airtight. His circle is basically his Dad, God, and his close friend who isn't saying anything to nobody. Nobody.

So some of you can stroke on Marc Stein all you want to your heart's content, but that doesn't make his story any more credible. It's ESPN. The place that sits down on the Jump and does feel good speculation with click bait topics like "KD to Boston a possibility?" "Hawks with a shot for KD?". And then in true, consistent ESPN fashion: "Houston no shot on KD, league sources say." KD and league sources say is your tip off...because "KD" and "league sources say" should never be in the same sentence. Ever. This is the ESPN that pulled out of their arse "Dwight Howard waffling, now 50-50", which Marc Stein retweeted like a good ESPN employ does. Not even Woj is going to break into KD's circle. We're going to know when KD lets us know. Period.

The truth is we have very little if any shot to land KD simply because of the insane amount of extra money he stands to gain by staying with his current team that took Golden State to 7 games in the WCF. 1 yr deal or 2 yr deal with player option. We all know that, I'm boring us all. But 99.9999999999% that's the most likely outcome, so Marc Stein has a 99.9999999999% chance of looking like the hero even though he knows nothing because his source 100% guaranteed is not credible.

4 people like this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Meanwhile you have SAS yesterday talking about how there's a chance Durant goes to the Knicks.

For those that don't know. SAS is a Knick fan.

All these journalists have an agenda and we saw that with Dwight. None of them know what Durant is thinking.

Also, ESPN has no Houston sources. They have guys that occasionally check in on the Rockets but they have no Rockets insider.

One thing I've learned about these big FAs is that not even they know what they are going to do. This is a huge decision for Durant, something he's been sleeping on for days now. If he were so committed to OKC then he'd have re up already. That's the fact.

The real truth is that he's thinking about his future in OKC. Maybe he'll go with the safe option and go back...or maybe not. No one really knows but him and all of these articles that come out from now until then are click bait articles.

I'm going to guess right now that you'll get one for the Knicks and Lakers before too long. They'll talk about how legit their sources are and how it's really a possibility. Just like every single year.

2 people like this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Morey is the Bernie Sanders of NBA GMs when it comes to big free agents.

1 person likes this.
  6. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

Great post, cdrive.

I also believe that the Rockets' chances at landing Durant are very slim and I also believe that no one really knows what Durant is thinking other than a few people that will not blast it to the media. Even if he wasn't considering Houston now, that could all change if Houston actually gets a sit down with him. You never know. They may actually impress him and give him no choice but to at least consider Houston, vs just completely ruling them out.

7. Mr. Motiejunas

Damn!!! Your sig is SAVAGE!!!

8. MONON

MONON Member

Since OKC beat the Spurs, I've said that logically KD would take a 2 year max contract (player option 2nd yr) with OKC & opt out for the 17 big bucks cap.

However, I'm not gonna say "I told you so" based on a Mark Stein article. :grin:

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

[J.R.] Durant NOT considering Rockets

I told you guys that weeks, if not months ago! :)

Marc Stein is late here.

[​IMG]

10. malakas

malakas Member

Stein is credible. However why did he single out Houston? Only because Harden and Durant have hanging out together? I am sure Durant and Harden have been hanging out together with other NBA players as well.
    Why did Stein say nothing when IT went aroudn spewing how he would make Durant consider Boston?

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL @ dudes thinking Dwight Howard's free agency has anything to do with Kevin Durant's free agency

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No, but the media's reporting on Dwight's FA has everything to do with it.

So does Lebron's FA.

All of these articles are pretty much click bait articles and none of these people have a clue what Durant is actually thinking...because people act like his mind can't be changed.

Watch in the next month are so you'll see the Lakers and Knicks being 'contenders' to land Durant. Just watch. Yet those teams are in worse position than even the Rockets. But watch it happen.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Oh I agree. The "reporting" matters quite little (until Woj says something). However...just because Stein says they're out doesn't mean that they're actually IN like some are implying.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Actually it's already happening, this was yesterday as I said...

15. amaru

amaru Member

Why would a player of Durant's caliber want anything to do with this sorry team. Harden is more likely to go back to OKC than Durant is to come here.

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The earliest reports on any particular topic have been wrong pretty consistently this off-season.

This means nothing, except to generate hype.

Ask yourself why another team's 'beat writer' would pick a neutral free agent and a rival team and explain why they aren't going together? Any reasons are self-serving.

17. MystikArkitect

Broussard just reported that Morey is driving around downtown OKC looking for Durant.

Funny that Stein felt the need to report that Durant is specifically NOT looking at the Rockets. If Woj says it I'll believe it.

18. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

Here we go.

19. amaru

amaru Member

Lol here comes the spin-cycle.

It would be best for us to admit that players of Durant's caliber want absolutely nothing to do with a franchise as pathetic as this one currently is.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Come on, this has been obvious to a lot of us...

DD