1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein] Durant NOT considering Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, Jun 10, 2016.

1. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Lol Durant is doing his NIKE tour first. He needs to sell some shoes. Relax guys. He will be in Houston or OKC next season.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

who knew Anne Hathaway was such a Rockets fan?

3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Not to throw shade or ill wishes KD's direction, but I'm going to make a hot prediction right now.

If KD doesn't choose the Rockets, he will incur another broken foot injury again next year due to the "Deny the Rockets Curse."

He's had 3 broken foot occurrences, 1 of which he hid from the public. (Shaaady) Then he plays 8 months of hoops, playing all the way to the WCF. He's going to play USA men's hoops all summer then get barely any rest before its back to camp. A guy with his history of reoccurring broken feet, he's playing with fire. He's especially playing with fire if he denies the Rockets, which has an interesting history:

Parsons - knee surgery
    Carmelo - knee surgery
    Bosh - freaky blood clots
    Durant - 4th broken foot???

We as Rockets have suffered enough star player broken feet for a lifetime. Not going to ignore how Durant playing almost year round gives me the heebie jeebies.

4. chandlerbang21

I want to see KD and Westbrook on contending teams
    The spurs and warrior's have the upper hand and can pay him what he's worth . He is a iso player and will have to change his mentality to fit on either.

In other news Miami is in a great position as well because they are losing Deng and have the $

Boston is a top defensive team in the league but they didnt have a shot blocker/ rebounder or a guy that could create his own shot. KD and one of the top FA bigs would make that team alot better on both sides of thr floor. I even dare say Dwight could work there. He is a clear upgrade to the bigs Boston had on the floor last season and KD wont have to go through the gauntlet in western playoffs anymore.

If he wants to win its time to forget the ego and join a top team that has cap space for him. Spurs would be a sight to behold IMO

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Boston and Heat only make sense because he would be Alpha right away and they are in the East. Much easier path to a ring.

6. malakas

malakas Member

and woj said that Horford and the rest of max FA are going most likely to resign with their teams because of the 5th extra year that is 30+ million.

So if DD, Horford, Conley, Batum and Whiteside all stay with their teams, and Durant won't even meet us how do we spend our 45 million?

7. chandlerbang21

Most people think that the players will sign two year contracts with a player option on the second year. This givs freedom to sign wherever they want

8. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

I don't think Durant is Morey's target, it's a Smokescreen! The main target should be Mike Conley! The second target should be AI Harford

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Motiejunas for $12M
    Anderson for $17M
    Dudley for $11M
    PG for $5M

Barnes for $18M
    Lin for $11M
    Motiejunas for $12M

;):rolleyes:

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

If this is going to happen i'll die.

11. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Yeah why not us? Aren't you a Rockets fan?

You realize how incredibly lame that list is that you endorse. Celtics. Yeah there's a franchise that could use another championship. It's not like they don't have 15 banners. The Heat, another Big 3 destination that has recent 'ships and multiple finals appearances. The media darling Warriors. That wouldn't be lame at all. Recent champions nearly repeating. An All Star MVP guy going with a back to back MVPs team. And the Spurs, another team deprived of 'ships over the years.

Pretty much if you're hoping for the NBA to be lame as all hell next year, then KD to Warriors, Spurs, Heat, Celtics (in that order) is the way to go. OKC or Houston would be entertaining, wouldn't be a cop out on Durant's part by coat tailing an already dominant team and making an unprecedented Big 4, and still gives him a great chance to win a ring. As for me, well I happen to be a Rockets fan, so why not us?

Dirty rusty championshipless Cleveland beating the dominant media darling pretty boy Cali team is one of the coolest stories in NBA history and sports history. KD playing with his buddy Harden, his childhood friend Beasley who looks like a top 5 pick again, flanked by his alma mater's Htown chapter, and playing for a team who hasn't seen a 'ship in 20+ years would be a cool story. Him copping out and playing for Warriors or the Spurs would be lame, and a boring NBA season.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Nope, a Chandsome fan :grin:

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

My enthusiasm has been curbed. I was wrong. We are a true long shot for Durant. Harden will try and hopefully it works out but we aren't on his radar right now. The best thing we can do is get a commitment from another big name on July 1 and try to convince Durant to meet with us on July 2. I don't foresee this happening.

[​IMG]

14. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Do you think theres anyway the clippers offload Griffin??

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh, we don't have the assets anyway.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Same here. Even though...it seems a bit weird to me, outside of Warriors and Spurs which are probably the best teams he can join, the other doesn't make sense...Boston is a bounch of role players with not even a single guy with all star potential, the Heat are dealing with age and bad injuries problems, ex Lebron team...and not even a meeting with Houston which have Harden, a better market and room for another guy he likes like Horford? I'm 101% wrong, but again, i really find this hard to believe.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Roberson as the 3&D guard next to Harden is better than anything the Rockets have ever had playing alongside Harden in the back court. Sure he made 1 or 2 boneheaded plays but he was very consistent on the high play off stage with his job overall and would be even better by next season. If OKC is blowing it up, would love for the Rockets to acquire Roberson.

18. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Not right no.

19. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I fail to believe this.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Woj is an undercover Rockets hater. He's not even that reliable. Durant will give Morey his interview.