1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein] Durant NOT considering Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, Jun 10, 2016.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

It's a great trade for OKC.

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That is interesting

Iv heard that KD is interested in playing with horford

Honestly if horford is your third option and you have JH/KD leading the way with Ariza/bev/Beasley/dmo/harrell/dekker/brewer

Need another guard but that's a very strong team.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

With Yao and now Zhou, Kevin, you're gonna be HUGE in China! We're gonna send you over to visit with Zhou. Fans are gonna love you there. How does that sound Mr. Durant? — Leslie Alexander & Daryl Morey

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

So with the revelation in this thread that the Rockets have better role players than OKC (go figure), and considering the haul that OKC got for Ibaka, is anyone else really excited about the pending blockbuster "Rockets' riff-raff - for other team's superstar" trade that's sure to be on the horizon?

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, as today, Harden + Durant + Horford is WAAAAY better than what OKC has to offer :grin:

6. rockets13champs

Well oladipo is OKCs best SG since harden (and he plays defense)
    You got Adams futute allstar center. Sabonis who is next klove

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

And he can't shoot or pass. Looks more a better Waiters off the bench than a James Harden.

And here we have Capela future Dwight Howard center and Zhou Qi who is next Dirk.

Dude plz...

8. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Its a shame right now we have Harden and that's it. Horford is no guarantee. So if Harden is going to appeal to Durant I think he's gonna have to talk with Durant and another big free agent, Whiteside/Horford/Conley, to convince him Houston is in fact better.

Westbrook/Oladipo/Durant/Kanter/Adams is a scoring machine. They all play defense, save for Kanter. They are only limited by having 1 ball at a time.

Beverley/Harden/Durant/Horford/Capela
    Beverley/Harden/Durant/Dmo/Horford

That team is weak at PG and PF or C whichever you pick. And if you put Horford at Center, I don't think he's very good.

I think we should go for Whiteside instead. Lower max, closer to Harden's age. Elite paint defense. Whiteside also runs the pick and roll real nasty. He's also got a small jumper (43%) which wont be used often but is there.

Beverley/Harden/Durant/DMO/Whiteside

Love me some twin towers.

In either scenario Ariza would have to be traded off since we have no use for him and Durant, unless you think he could play a small ball 4. If you do trade him though, thats 8 mill free space. Maybe combo with Beverley and both of those are positive assets, try to get a decent point guard.

What is Eric Bledsoe's value? He's often injured obviously thats what everyone associates with him. How bad does that tank his value? In a vacuum I would offer Ariza and Beverley for Bledsoe, but if his value is bad then maybe Beverley+Brewer. Ariza could be dealt for a power forward or something. I don't know. Anyways back to the topic at hand...

I think OKC does have the sexier roster. Houston can get the sexier roster but they don't have it and it's no guarantee that we can get it. And with the way the last few years have gone, I do not see a big overhaul or any of these massive trades/free agent signings happening.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah well, that's what i think aswell.

On the second part i do not agree much honestly, a good fit is always better than random talent. Westbrook + Oladipo (which is good yeah, but now that he's in OKC looks like he's some kind of superstar lol)
    Durant DO NOT fit that well imo, it's a lot of talent but playing well enough together is another story. I am pretty sure Harden, Durant and Horford would play A LOT better together. In fact, i think that the fact they can always stay on the court together is a plus, Wes/Dipo/KD cannot beacuse s of them cannot shoot and need the ball too much, but we'll see eventually.

To me Capela - Horford in the front court is really ok, you start with them and if/when necessary you go small with Horford at the 5, Durant at 4 and yeah, Ariza if possible, but i'm open to trade him at this point, i love Trevor but if you need that cap space you makle the move.

With Whiteside i'm ok as a plan B.

I wouldn't touch Bledsoe, he's good but those knees look really but to me...and i don't think Beverley and Ariza are that interesting to them, Tucker is basically Ariza but cheaper...

So in the end yeah, i kinda agree that he's probably going to stay one more year, but as today, even though he's declining, i'm not sure how they think to replace Ibaka...Ilyasova is a bench guy at this point, like Frye, Kanter cannot play as a starter and Durant at the 4 for 35/40 minutes is crazy imo.

And since Ainge chocked the draft and the Butler trade, i think we're are the only possible destination for him with the Spurs, even though i'm not sure about them, maybe they'll have to go after a center and a pg more but we'll see.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I would want to keep ariza he would be perfect for when you want to go small and switch everything. A lineup of bev/harden/ariza/KD/capela would be really good defensivly for stretches.

With that said I would love to try and get KD/horford and keep ariza and bev and somehow get Eric Gordon to come off the bench he can prob be had for 10m because of his injuries.

Maybe try and trade brew/kj for cap space might have to throw in one of these rookies or gentile to sweeten the deal.

KD/JH/horford/bev/Ariza/capela/dmo(match)/Beasley/Gordon/Harrell/dekker/Terry

That's a championship team and a sure fire 60+ win team.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ranking the Durant field

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

To be fair, I think there's a lot of truth in that tongue-in-cheek comment.
    Even more truth if they do really well and could win a ring.
    Guys like Shane and Brooks and Chuck Hayes used to get mobbed in China.

KD and Harden winning a ring with Zhou playing a role of some kind would make them "god-like" in a sense in China. Tons of $$$ opportunity out of it.

But clearly, that would be way down the list of reasons to go to a team.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This is what people don't like about today's NBA players. They act like they make no difference on a team, they just want to plug in somewhere that will already win*. Houston isn't the third best team in the division with Durant. There's a totally different synergy on the roster and a bunch of new free agent / trade possibilities based on his presence anywhere.

If he goes to Golden State he is dead to me. (And San Antonio to a lesser extent).

*That's why Lebron's Cleveland title redeemed him after "The Decision" and Miami.

14. sabesque

sabesque Member

Havent heard of Matt Moore but doesn't look like he did much background on this thing. I mean, KD signing with the rockets would have a lot to do with us doing something with the extra cap room. KD + Beard + the other guy would obviously give the Spurs a run for the best team in the division.

They just got some dude to make guesses for clicks

15. sabesque

sabesque Member

^^ just realized that it's the dude behind hpbasketball, still think he didn't look too deep

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Story online soon: Sources say Warriors, Spurs &amp; incumbent Thunder are first three known teams to land recruiting meetings with Kevin Durant</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/746542451301613570">June 25, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Stein just Rockets hating. Durant is on his way!

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

hopefully not to the strip joint.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

For those who were waiting on Woj, because Stein isn't "legit", Rockets on the outside looking in.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

WOJ just Rockets hating like Stein! Durant is on his way!